Backing up the vBulletin .php files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing up the vBulletin .php files?

This might be a stupid question but when I am getting ready to do a hack to my board, how do I back the up .php files? I download them from FTP in ASCII mode and then what?

Because after you download the file, do you just then hack them or is there another step to it like "copy" the file so that if you mess up, you can just upload the "origional" copy? I am a bit confused here.

I am using Cute_FTP.

Phil~

Just make sure you have a copy of the vBulletin zip file on hand - you can unzip any file you need from it and upload it back to the server if need be.

Comment

Would if I have already hacked a file and I am hacking it again for a different hack?

Phil~

Comment

i copy the whole vB php set into a new folder for major hacks on my local pc

so

/vbulletin2-0-0
        - originalcopy/
        - shorterurlhack/
        - worldtimezones/

etc
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I TAR up the whole directory structure before I do anything and bring it down to my local PC for safe keeping.. Might be excessive, but I always have a good backup in case I screw anything up

tar --create --file=ASI_0725.tar /path/to/vb/html

Josh

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X