Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from 2 to 2.1

Hi

I am considering upgrading my forum from v2 to v2.1. What I need to know is will I loose my style sets (7 all hard work) or any of the hacks I have previously installed.

The hacks are Usernet, Who’s online, Who Posted, Community Bulletin, a Chat Hack and a few I have forgotten?

Thanks
    Mark

When upgrading, you overwrite all of the PHP files. So to save any hacks, you would need to compare the new 2.1 files to your 2.0 files (using a program such as Beyond Compare) and apply any hacks again.
    Who's Online has been removed from distribution (by me) but will be part of vB in either 2.0.2 or 2.0.3.

Custom templates are not overwritten, however you should make a note of any changed templates (mentioned in the 2.0.1 announcement) and compare your custom version to the new "view original" to find any changes since the previous version that you may need to apply.

Finally, you may wish to wait until Monday because 2.0.2 will be released then.

Comment

Hi and thanks Tubedogg

I will wait and see whats in 2.02 as I most definitely need the “who’s online” hack.

As I have just deleted that zip file from my computer, I will have to wait maybe for 2.03.

Thanks for the quick response, and also for the great hachs.

Mark

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X