Install it? How do I get it first ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install it? How do I get it first ???

I'd REALLY like to install vBulletin but having paid for a licence, I'm still waiting to hear from someone to tell me where I should download my software.

I've tried email to sales at Jelsoft, I've tried opening a sales issue on this site, I've also tried writing to the email address provided when I bought my copy on line (yesterday).

No response.

So - to others who have successfully purchased vBulletin, can someone answer me this simple question:

When I purchased my copy online (via Digbuy) I didn't see any link to go and download the software but there was mention of an email which I would receive. This email supposedly contains "further information about your purchase".

Does the email tell me where I'm supposed to download the software and also give me my licence number?

Sorry to have to post this here but as you can see, I've tried all the avenues available to me and I'm getting very frustrated at the lack of response from Jelsoft. I want my vBulletin !!!

Jelsoft? Are you there?
    Last edited by Alwyn; Sat 28 Jul '01, 12:00am.

Oh-Oh !

I think I might have a problem with the email address I am using.

Could someone from Jelsoft please contact me on [email protected]

Thank you.

Comment

Try entering your email here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/ind...?action=lostpw

Comment

I did that but I'm sure that the process has sent off an email to the address I was using. The problem is I can't pick up any email from that address (I've alerted my ISP to this fact).

Is there a way I can change the contact email address to another one where I *can* pick up the email?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Alwyn,

You sales ticket has already been answered by James. However, I have reopened it so that we can try and sort out this issue.

All the best,
          John
          John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

Thanks for your help on this one guys. The problem with the site where I want to use the board (www.carmen-kass.net) is that I was previously running Ultimate Bulletin Board but my hosting service complained that because it was a perl based board, the interpreter had to load each time the script was called. This was giving them major headaches on the performance of their server and they had to take the site down for over a day.

So...I am in the market for a PHP/mySQL based board and I know from FlashKit and Were-Here that vBulletin is the one I want to use. The hosting service has given their blessing so all that remains is for me to get it up and running - I've tested the lite version and it works wonderfully.

I think the problem with the email address I submitted is related to my hosting service taking the site out of action and have asked them to look into the mail problem. Hopefully it will all get sorted out when they go back to work tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience. I'm really looking forward to getting vBulletin up and running and keeping my hungry visitors happy

Best regards,

Alwyn

Comment

Alwyn,

If you can send me your Digibuy order number, I can update your account to your new email address. Please email me the details to [email protected] and I'll look into it.

Thanks,
              John
              John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X