Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwh
    replied
    Thanks. It would be nice in the above scenario if the user could delete their own post, even if it was the first post, but it would just show up as "deleted" in the text. I know that the user can "edit" it and just write "deleted", but my users get confused and keep asking why they can't delete their post, or ask me to delete it for them (which is the worst outcome heh heh).

Leave a comment:

• RobAC
    replied
    In the scenario above, if you set "Can delete own posts to yes" and can delete own threads by deleting the first post set to "no", then they can only delete their own posts, as long as their post is not the start of a new thread. If the first post which starts a new thread is deleted, the entire thread with any posts thereafter is deleted as well. It's basically a safety mechanism.

If you set "can delete own posts" to "yes" and "can delete own threads by deleting the first post to "yes", they can delete their own posts and threads that they started.

Leave a comment:

• dwh
    started a topic How does delete post permission work?

How does delete post permission work?

In the "Post/Thread Editing Permissions" section, it says:
    Can edit own posts
    Yes No

Can delete own posts
    Yes No

Can move own threads to other forums
    Yes No

Can open / close own threads
    Yes No

Can delete own threads by deleting the first post
    Yes No
    So if I set "Can delete own posts" to "yes" and "Can delete own threads by deleting the first post" to "no", what happens if a user started a thread, deletes their own post? Can they delete it? Will it show empty? Will it cause the second poster to be considered the thread starter? How does it affect the database?