• Show
Clear All

• jeff_c
    replied
    got it!!

ok .. this is a bit embarrasing ..

i did not have 'enable access masks' on in options for some reason

for anyone else looking for info on private forums:

I also found out you do not have to assign moderators to the private forum for those moderators to see it ..

seems that anyone with 'moderator' as user group status can see these private forums, as long as 'enable access masks' is activated

Leave a comment:

• jeff_c
    started a topic Private Forum

Private Forum

hmmm .. having trouble responding to this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...473#post143473

so trying to start a new thread thinking there's a problem w/ my connection ..

Originally posted by Spinal
    You need to add them (your mods) as mod for your private forum, not only mods for the forum that have the private forum did you undrstand that? heh, i'm from Sweden, i know i cant spell
    Hmm .. I came here with the exact prob. as discobiscuit, and tried Spinal's suggestion, but it's still not quite working ..

I have a dummy account on a different computer set up as moderator to the actual private forum, as well as one public forum, yet that user cannot see the private forums even after logging out and logging back in.

This includes manually setting access by going to the 'edit access masks' of that user

any ideas what I'm missing?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X