Problems with Disabling [img] in sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Disabling [img] in sig

I've been pulling my hair out for the last couple of hours trying to figure out why, when I set the option to "NO" in the control panel, images are still being translated in signatures.

I even tried doing a fresh install of the vbb to another dir on the same server (using the same database) - just to see if it was something with the scripting - but its still happening.

I'm an admin - and using myself to test the images in signatures, but I assume that they should not be translated for even an admin.

Any ideas on why the img vbcode is still being parsed?

Couple things to check:
    You have "Allow HTML" turned off for sigs also?
    How about "Allow vB Code"?
    And finally, what about "Allow smilies"?

Another thing to try: Try turning the option to Yes, then editing your signature to include an image. Go view it in a post to make sure it appears. Now go turn it off. Does the image still appear? If so, try editing your signature to add a new image. Does that image appear? If not, that's the solution - it doesn't apply retroactively.

Also, you'll need to enter your license number in your sig to receive further technical support. (See the link in my sig for more info.)

Comment

I´ve the same Problem (in 2.2.4)
      Testen out your Tipps but there´s still the Problem.

HTML in Sigantures: OFF
      VB-Code: ON
      Smiles: ON

thanks

Sascha

Comment

What about "Allow vB IMG code in signatures?"?

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
          What about "Allow vB IMG code in signatures?"?
          turned OFF

Sascha

Comment

no Idea ?

Comment

Are you sure they are using vB [img] code and not [url]?
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, i´m sure!

You can test it at: http://www.dasforum.de/forum/

Sascha

Comment

Ok, I clicked on several threads but couldn't find any with images in the sig. Regardless, I would need to see the actual sigs in the ASdmin CP in order to determine what is going on.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                    Ok, I clicked on several threads but couldn't find any with images in the sig. Regardless, I would need to see the actual sigs in the ASdmin CP in order to determine what is going on.

OK, check your PM

Sascha

Comment

Do you have a non-Admin member that is using the [img] tag? I belive this restriction does not affect Admins.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes,

http://www.dasforum.de/forum/showthr...threadid=14246

First Answer, User "Anoli".

There is a via IMG-Code in the Sig.

Comment

Thanks! I justed tested this on my unhacked 2.2.6 forum and it worked just fine. Turning [img] off in sigs turned the [img] tag into a link. Turing it back on, turned these into images again. I also tried to post a message with the account info you sent me and got an error message that I could not decipher. The only thing I can suggest right now is to upgrade to 2.2.6.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Now we have 2.2.6 - and the same Problem

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X