Private sub-forum and last post by problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private sub-forum and last post by problem

I have a forum that has a private subforum. Users who do not have access to the private subforum are getting confused with the last post by info shown at my forum home page. If the last post by info is from the private subforum, that is the last post info shown even if the user can't see the private subforum.

If you turn Access Masks on under Options they shouldn't even see the forum listed which would alleviate the problem.

Comment

tube, this is how my forum looks like

Forum1
      Forum2
      SubforumA
      Forum3
      SubForumB (private)

Only subforumB is privat and hidden to regular members. But when looking at the main forum display which includes Forum3, the last post by date shown to ALL members is the one coming from SubForumB.

Btw, access mask is turned on.

Comment

Modify the viewing permissions of this forum:

Admin CP -> User Groups and Permissions -> Modify Forums -> SubForumB ->

...then edit the file permissions of all groups you don't want to view that forum. Make sure you choose 'Use custom settings'.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't think that would help...sounds like he's already done that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X