How do I get Pop-Up PM to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get Pop-Up PM to work?

I have it enabled, and I am an admin, but nothing ever pops up.

The $headnewpm is in my head insert.

I have an OnLoad in my body for another kind of popup... could that be making it not work?

It's possible the 2 onloads are conflicting -- when you're supposed to get it, don't refresh -- view the source and ensure the function it calls exists and the popup's onLoad function is there.

If it is, it sounds like the other onload is conflicting.

Comment

Is there any way that I can call 2 onloads?

Like set a variable, OnLoad2= or put a ; between them or something?

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
      It's possible the 2 onloads are conflicting -- when you're supposed to get it, don't refresh -- view the source and ensure the function it calls exists and the popup's onLoad function is there.

If it is, it sounds like the other onload is conflicting.

Comment

You are right.. getting rid of the OnLoad from my body made it work. What a bloody great feature

I just wish I could get my other OnLoad in there somehow?

Would need some Javascript genius to tell me what to do, though.

Comment

Just seperate them with a semi-colon.

Your recent problems left you unhappy with UBB? Welcome to vB at any rate

Comment

Re: How do I get Pop-Up PM to work?

Okay, I can add 2 unloads in the body w/ <body onload="func1();func2()">

My unload ****oin is checkcount() .. but what is the PM popup code function named?

Originally posted by stile
            I have it enabled, and I am an admin, but nothing ever pops up.

The $headnewpm is in my head insert.

I have an OnLoad in my body for another kind of popup... could that be making it not work?

Comment

Compared to vbulletin, UBB is like a f'ing child toy. I am SO much happier and impressed with this software. I spent at least the last 30 hours configuring the templates and stuff just right, take a look and tell me what you think I even made it look like my old forum as well

http://php.stileproject.com/spf though you will have to register.

just trying to get this last popup working with the PM popup, then i have some minor hacks to add in and i'm done ;-) the forum is still unknown yet.. i want to see how it will handle 10,000 members we have dedicated mysql, php, cgi, etc boxes to deal with all the traffic so i think it will run a million times faster than ubb. (plus my license just ran out so it was a good time to switch

Originally posted by stile
              You are right.. getting rid of the OnLoad from my body made it work. What a bloody great feature

I just wish I could get my other OnLoad in there somehow?

Would need some Javascript genius to tell me what to do, though.

Comment

hehe stileproject has joined our vB team <laughs> /me suggests that those of a prurient nature click on stile's WWW link.

Comment

So any idea on the popup question?

Also in PM, how do I get the persons signature to move down one line? i've tried adding br's etc, but it just refuses to budge!

Originally posted by freddie
                  hehe stileproject has joined our vB team <laughs> /me suggests that those of a prurient nature click on stile's WWW link.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X