Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to hire a web developer

Hello:

I am in need of a talented web developer to design an entry page to a new vBulletin forum. The forum is private and will require password entry. The person that takes on this small project should have PHP experience and understand how to hack the vBulletin 2.0 code. Photoshop and some slick design skills would be appreciated. If you want a few thousand dollars in your pocket, email me at [email protected] Some of your past work would help me make the decision process easier.

Thank you

What would be on this entry page?

Comment

The entry page will have details of this private forum (like what the customers gets for spending $149 for a years access to the forum) and a place to pay for the years service (paypal ideally) and then a place for members to login.

Comment

Are you wanting a custom backend like it will send billing info to paypal and then verify the account, then add the account to vB, or would you be handling adding the users yourself by hand?

I don't have alot of experince in PS, mainly changing the colors on psd's for vB :P But I mainly code PHP, email me if no one replies, and I'll see what I can do...

[email protected] ....

Comment

Ideally, I would like a custom routine written that will automatically, upon PayPal approva, generatel a random password for that new customer. I assume their email address and some random password will give entry into the site. obviously a database will have to be generate to manage the email addresses and passwords. I would like a slick looking entry page. I will supply the content and sketched graphics.

Comment

What you might need.

Well, what you need is simple and depends mostly on PayPal's system -- probably what you are looking at is something that checks your email regularly and when it gets an email from paypal it gets the user's email address and name out and checks in your registration db (would need to be created) for a signup with that email or name and then uses the VBB user registration routines to create a user with almost 0 settings and then sends an email to the user with the password the script randomly sets (I like using a substr of an md5'd number -- it's random and has numbers and letters.)

Anyway, if you'd like I can write the database interface and have my associates draw up some graphics for you, our people do mostly local work but we have some fairly high-profile international clients we are working for right now. If you would like more information, please contact me at [email protected]

FYI, we just got a new server and haven't had time to do much work on our site yet. If you'd like to see our lead graphics guy's personal website look at neotek.wox.org/newtek or just neotek.wox.org (may be down because his server was getting overloaded).

viperzpit
            [email protected]
            GiroTek Designs
            Last edited by viperzpit; Thu 26 Jul '01, 12:04pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X