How do I Search in Chinese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I Search in Chinese?

vBulletin has a fantastic idea to seperate the templates from the php files. so far most things works fine in Chinese, but the search function could not perform any search in Chinese.

why is that? i mean i can search Chinese in templates, but i can't search in the forum for posts. what should i modify?

thanks, thanks!

any hint?

Comment

At this point even though it is relatively easy to translate the templates, vBulletin doesn't support any language except English. Latin-based and other European Languages (except Cyrillic) should not have any problems since the character sets are the same 256 characters.

However those wanting to translate to Arabic, Cyrillic, Kanji, Korean, Chinese or other character sets or double-byte character sets (unicode) will have problems. Some have simply changed the encoding using metatags and it works for others it doesn't.

To get it to work you will most likely have to rewrite the search indexing function (indexpost()), and the search retrieval functions to handle these other languages.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Longbow
        any hint?
        I think you can work on vbulletin.style first ! that mean you can use chinese word in vbulletin.style. and see how is the output !

then try to fix those Chinese words.

Comment

Originally posted by Kengan
          I think you can work on vbulletin.style first ! that mean you can use chinese word in vbulletin.style. and see how is the output !
          then try to fix those Chinese words.
          thanks for both.

style is fine, forum is fine, search in template also fine, but search in forum doesn't work. some coding has to be done to achieve this, i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Longbow

thanks for both.

style is fine, forum is fine, search in template also fine, but search in forum doesn't work. some coding has to be done to achieve this, i believe.
            I think that is the Language problems. you are using GB2312. most people in China using GB code . In Taiwan using Big5 code. So ..........

You can work on search.php. let me try then let you know later !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X