Installation error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation error

When trying to install a VB onto http://216.74.117.244 I get a mySQL error on step 3. It says:Attempting to attach to database...

Warning: Host '216.74.117.244' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /home3/gundamfo/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home3/gundamfo/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 47

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please go back to the last step and ensure that you have entered all your login details correctly.

I'm almost 100 percent positive the iinformation is correct.

Try setting your servername to "localhost" if it isn't already.

If that doesn't help, then you need to contact your host.

Comment

now it says:
      Attempting to attach to database...

Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /home3/gundamfo/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home3/gundamfo/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 47

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please go back to the last step and ensure that you have entered all your login details correctly.

Comment

You need to contact your host then.

Also, please fill in your license details in your profile, otherwise we will be unable to give you any more installation support.

Comment

It's not my host...I was asked to install VB onto the server, but the person uploaded the files, I did not. Is it ok to install boards for someone if they put the files up? I'll make sure they have a lisence when I see the guy.

Comment

It's not OK unless they have a valid license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X