Help! Constant corruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Constant corruptions

Since Friday my MySQL tsables are being continuously corrupted, I had around 10 yesterday and another 4 so far today. I've recieved a variety of errors, up until now I've been able to repair with repair.php but it seems unable to fix this last corruption. I've been onto my hosts continuously to find the problem but they seem to be pointing the finger at vb. I do know they had at least one problem with disk space on the MySQL partition but I've checked now and there seems to be plenty of free space.

This is the latest error:

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='options'
    mysql error: Incorrect key file for table: 'template'. Try to repair it
    mysql error number: 1034
    Date: Thursday 19th of July 2001 11:53:28 AM
    Script: /
    Referer:

And this is the error I get when I run repair.php:

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /home/matroxus/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 93
    Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='options'
    Date: Thursday 19th of July 2001 12:03:31 PM
    Script: /admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1
    Referer:

Ant

Bit of info on the server:

http://forums.matroxusers.com
    RedHat Linux 6.2
    Apache 1.3.x
    PHP and MySQL versions unknown but repair.php usually works so must be up to date version of MySQL.

At present everything gives me the same error, I can't log in, run any php scripts at all.

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /home/matroxus/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 93
    Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='options'
    Date: Thursday 19th of July 2001 12:26:18 PM
    Script: /index.php
    Referer:

Comment

You need to run this query directly to fix it:

REPAIR TABLE template;

Comment

Thanks Ed that worked. Any ideas as to why I'm getting these constant corruptions? My hosts have gone pretty silent on the subject all of a sudden.

Comment

I had a similar problem recently.

It all started when I recovered the database from a mysqlhotcopy backup made with the --no indices flag. I had a lot of trouble trying to rebuild the indexes using the procedure outlined in the MySQL manual. It finally appeared to work but every couple of hours one or more of the tables would become corrupt again.

In the end I just made a logical export using mysqldump (indexes included) and re-imported into a fresh database. All has been fine since then.
          http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

(Since I'm responding here, I'm closing your support issue -- it'd be redundant for me to respond )

Most common reason for corruption:
            Not shutting down MySQL correctly. If the server crashes, it can cause corruption (it's similar to pulling the plug on your computer in Windows).
            Another option, as you noted, is lack of space. How much space do they have on all their partitions? (can you use /bin/df ? My sysadmin knowledge isn't that good...)
            Another possibility, albeit rarer, is faulty hardware -- if you have a harddrive that has some bad sectors, that could obviously cause issues with your server.

Here's a good read: http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/r/Crashing.html

Comment

I'm presuming the MySQL partition is /var, there is around 500MB free on that one. The strange thing is the corruptions seem to start around the same time each day, around 1:00PM GMT, I then get a rash of them for a few hours and then it stops only to begin again the next day. Thanks for the link I'll give it a good read and hopefully have some ammunition to go back to my hosts with.

Comment

Here we go again, some 10 or 15 minutes after the repair the error messages start flooding in again to my mailbox.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL:
                SELECT
                session.userid AS sessionuserid,
                post.*,post.username AS postusername,post.ipaddress AS ip,user.*,userfield.*,icon.title as icontitle,icon.iconpath,
                attachment.attachmentid,attachment.filename,attachment.visible AS attachmentvisible,attachment.counter
                ,avatar.avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar,customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline
                FROM
                LEFT JOIN icon ON icon.iconid=post.iconid
                LEFT JOIN user ON user.userid=post.userid
                LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid
                LEFT JOIN avatar ON avatar.avatarid=user.avatarid
                LEFT JOIN customavatar ON customavatar.userid=user.userid
                LEFT JOIN attachment ON attachment.attachmentid=post.attachmentid
                LEFT JOIN session ON (session.userid = user.userid
                AND session.userid > 0
                AND user.invisible = 0
                AND session.lastactivity>995561141)
                WHERE
                post.postid IN (0,204138,204187)
                ORDER BY dateline

mysql error: Incorrect key file for table: 'icon'. Try to repair it
                Date: Thursday 19th of July 2001 01:00:44 PM
                Script: /showthread.php?s=&threadid=27354
                Referer: http://forums.matroxusers.com/forumd...=20&daysprune=

Comment

The strange thing is the corruptions seem to start around the same time each day, around 1:00PM GMT...
                  Sounds like your host may be doing some sort of server restart or something around then.

Comment

My hosts upgraded MySQL and said that should fix it. But guess what, same time again today the corruptions start, do we see a pattern emerging here

Comment

Originally posted by MURC
                      My hosts upgraded MySQL and said that should fix it. But guess what, same time again today the corruptions start, do we see a pattern emerging here
                      hmmm maybe it is a bad memory stick in the server?

are other hosted sites on this shared server experiencing the same mysql database corruptions?

oh btw, just noticed you're from Nottingham ? i spent 3 1/2 out of 9 yrs in the UK living there before moving to Australia
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

MURC,

You wouldn't happen to be on Hostrocket would you? When I was serving my Vbulletin from Host Rocket, I was constantly seeing "MySQL out of memory!" That in itself was not a major problem, where I had issues was that when MySQL would be working again on the server, I would find my database corrupted. It also happened at around the same time every day as well.

When you said the host was silent about the issue, that fit Host Rocket to a T. That's why I asked if you have HR. I have since moved to a new host and have experience no problems so far.
                        ~*------<<=>>------*~
                        Cavy Seek
                        A Community for All!
                        ~*------<<=>>------*~

Comment

nope from what i gather he's with burst.net
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Well today I was going to do as fastforward suggested but before I could there was a catastrophic corruption, ALL tables in the database became corrupt then soon after the MySQL server crashed. I'm now sitting waiting for a response from support and for them to get the server back up and running so I can see what if anything I have left.

I'm hosted by Burst.net, support was excellent to start with until I encountered a real problem.

Eva2000, yep I'm in Nottingham, I live in Beeston close to the Uni. I've asked if others on the server have having he same problems but haven't had a response to that one. It seems this all started when they had a "disk problem" on the MySQL partition, just wonder if that could have caused some form of corruption to the database that is in iteself causing these repeated problems.

Comment

Originally posted by MURC
                              Well today I was going to do as fastforward suggested but before I could there was a catastrophic corruption, ALL tables in the database became corrupt then soon after the MySQL server crashed. I'm now sitting waiting for a response from support and for them to get the server back up and running so I can see what if anything I have left.

I'm hosted by Burst.net, support was excellent to start with until I encountered a real problem.

Eva2000, yep I'm in Nottingham, I live in Beeston close to the Uni. I've asked if others on the server have having he same problems but haven't had a response to that one. It seems this all started when they had a "disk problem" on the MySQL partition, just wonder if that could have caused some form of corruption to the database that is in iteself causing these repeated problems.
                              must likely that it seems that disk problem is corrupting your database.. i suggest you at least make a backup copy and download it to your pc for now

maybe it's time to move hosts ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X