Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Style Question. New style does not diplay on all pages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style Question. New style does not diplay on all pages.

It reverts back to the default here and there.

The default style contains a blue outer rim.
    http://www.anesthesiaforums.com

I just added a new style (id=9) and this can be accessed through:http://www.anesthesiaforums.com/for...x.php?styleid=9
    The new style does not have the blue outer edge.

The problem is, in styleid=9, The homepage and the index.php page show no blue edge, but when I click to forumdisplay, it reverts back to the default style showing the blue edges.

In "Opions", I have it set so that user's can not select a style.
    In Styles > Modify > Edit Style Set, I have all the styles as "Yes" for "User Selectable?".
    If I set it "No", I found that styleid=9 did not display.

How can I get the styleid=9 to show consistantly throughout the entire website?
    Thanks

-Hideki
    AnesthesiaForums Administrator
    www.anesthesiaforums.com - Online Community for Anesthesia, Respiratory and Critical Care Professionals.

styleid=1 and styleid=9 and distinctly using different template/replacement sets, but they appear the same in IE 5.5.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ed, but I'm not quite sure what you're telling me.
      For now, the only difference between the default and styleid=9 is the blue outer border/background.
      What is it that I need to do??
      Thanks
      www.anesthesiaforums.com - Online Community for Anesthesia, Respiratory and Critical Care Professionals.

Comment

Oh, you mean the border on the outside of the whole forum, not table borders. Well, it's staying correctly here

So try this. In global.php find:

// figure out the chosen style settings

Under it, add:

unset($style); // prevent some weird issues

Let me know if that helps.

Comment

Ed, tried the fix, but it didn't work.
          I don't get it. styleid=9 works until I hit forumdisplay.php. Then it seems to revert back to the default style.
          ????

Comment

Don't think this is the issue, but it is style related, so try this fix: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=19272

And you mean it's actually sticking for more than one page? (go from the index to the search page, to the calendar and see if it sticks) Then we can rule out cookie related issues.

Comment

Yeah, I did that fix before I posted this problem. I did a search and found it - but it didn't work.

OK, I deleted all my cookies and accessed http://www.anesthesiaforums.com. The blue background showed up throughout the entire site.

Next, I typed the styleid=9 url and accessed my homepage. The blue background is *not* there - which is how it's suppose to be. When I surf around now, the blue background does not show in calendar and search, but does reappear in forumdisplay.php, showthread.php, newthread.php.

Could this be related to vbPortal??
              Thanks again.

Comment

Run this query for me, and paste the output here:

SELECT forumid, styleid, styleoverride FROM forum ORDER BY forumid

It could be related to vBPortal - I don't know, I've never used it.

Comment

ugh, could you please explain to me exactly how you run a query?
                  Thanks

Comment

Check out the phpMyAdmin tutorial in the Troubleshooting forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X