No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I have a small problem I have fixed a transparent png avatar that I want to upload but why is only gif and jpeg supportet?
    And how soon will it take to fix this bug?

/Veidit

PNGs aren't supported by all browsers which is why they aren't supported as avatars. And, if I'm recalling correctly, this is the first request for PNG avatars I've seen.

Comment

Hmm it's supportet by mozilla (I run 0.9.2)
      And it displays in explorer but transparent dosn't work. but any way it might seem like a good idea to support it

/Veidit
      Last edited by Veidit; Thu 19 Jul '01, 9:51am.

Comment

i dig pngs!

they let the web designer produce via a non-lossy image format with more than 256 colors PLUS the alpha channel capability. pngs are fully supported in the Gecko (Mozilla) code base. IE5+ for the Mac also displays them flawlessly. However, IE for the PC is still having trouble rendering the transparency properly.

on my site i sniff for png-proficient browsers and serve them my premium pngs. for everything else i serve plain pngs (without alpha channels). Even Netscape 4.7 happily displays plain pngs.

making the avatar function include pngs should be trivial. i hope VB decides to support pngs in the future.

J

KALLISTI - currently
        under extreme construction

www.kdpublish.com

Comment

So there wouldn't be a problem supporting the png format for avatars... right?

/Veidit

Comment

Working...
          X