Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnmccallum
    replied
    Our ISP had upgraded to MySQL v 5.0.37. I was able to upgrade vBulletin and that fixed the problem. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• johnmccallum
    replied
    Thanks. Perhaps our ISP updated MySQL without notifying us. I'll upgrade vBulletin and see if that helps

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Sounds like you're running MySQL 5 and vBulletin 2 was not designed in mind for such.

Leave a comment:

• johnmccallum
    replied
    I'll update. I didn't know there were any newer versions of 2. I used to get emails when a new version came out. I figured development had stopped on version 2.

Here is a typical error:

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.4:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT
    post.postid,post.title AS posttitle,post.dateline AS postdateline,post.userid AS postuserid,post.iconid AS posticonid,LEFT(post.pagetext,250) AS pagetext,
    thread.threadid,thread.title AS threadtitle,thread.iconid AS threadiconid,thread.replycount,thread.views,thread.pollid,thread.open,thread.lastpost,
    forum.forumid,forum.title AS forumtitle,forum.allowicons,user.username,
    IF(post.title='',LEFT(post.pagetext,50),post.title) AS posttext,
    IF(post.userid=0,post.username,user.username) AS usrname,
    posticon.iconpath AS posticonpath,posticon.title AS posticontitle,
    threadicon.iconpath AS threadiconpath,threadicon.title AS threadicontitle
    FROM
    post,thread
    LEFT JOIN forum ON forum.forumid=thread.forumid
    LEFT JOIN user ON user.userid=post.userid
    LEFT JOIN icon AS threadicon ON thread.iconid=threadicon.iconid
    LEFT JOIN icon AS posticon ON post.iconid=posticon.iconid
    WHERE
    post.postid IN (0,111,109,107,104,91) AND thread.threadid=post.threadid
    ORDER BY
    post.dateline DESC,post.dateline DESC
    mysql error: Unknown column 'post.userid' in 'on clause'

mysql error number: 1054

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Posting the exact errors will help loads, though I also suggest upgrading to the latest 2.3.x version of vBulletin because of how far out of date 2.3.4 is.

Leave a comment:

• johnmccallum
    started a topic MySQL error

MySQL error

I run VBulletin v2.3.4 on our website. We've been running it for years without any problems. The downside of that is that I haven't had to learn how things work, so I'm pretty ignorant about mySQL, php, and vBulletin.

Lately, I have been getting my SQL 1054 errors - "unknown column thread.postusername (or postuserid) in on clause" when a user uses the search function. I also get the error "unknown column privatemessage.iconid" when a user accesses the usercp.

If I open the database with phpMyAdmin, it appears that all of these columns exist and the database does not seem corrupted. The users get these messages, too, so the Bulletin is not fully functional. Any ideas how to fix this? I searched the forums and it seems like most of these errors were from add-ons but this is a real bare bones installation.

John