[RELEASE] Usenet Gateway for vB 2.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Strange...

On my outgoing posts they do not have the text that the user typed in there. I gave it a test and the same thing happen except one line at the end of my message made it through.

Example:
    ------------------
    The yellow brown fox jump over the fence. The yellow brown fox jump over the fence. The yellow brown fox jump over the fence.

Nice day....
    ----------------

The only text that made it through was "Nice day..." "SPAM filter" as well as "Apply replacement rules to outgoing posts" is set to OFF.

Help????

Michael

Originally posted by AJR
    Well this is strange... I am testing new threads and replies in my usenet group. When the message is sent, I open up my Agent newsreader and I see the messages that were sent from the forum, BUT the first lines are missing. For example, I type in:

In Agent, the message shows up only as:

I sent a reply to another usenet message as well that was only 1 line, and it showed up in the correct message thread in Agent, but only showed my signature. The text I typed was missing! So I'm assuming it's chopping off my first line or 2 of text. Any reason for this? I have the SPAM filter on outgoing messages set to OFF. Everything else looks good! HELP!!

Comment

• I'll look into it, but it's not happening with me.
      http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

• Ok it sems to not feel like working...

I get this

Connecting to news.*****.***... Connected

Pulling alt.php... No new messages.
        It is not getting anything...... ;(

Any Ideas?
        Some host really do SUCK!: <-| YourHostSucks |->

FYI: <-| PHP 4.0.6 | MySQL 3.23.39 | Apache 1.3.20 | RedHat Linux 7.1 |->

Comment

• Re: SPAM control

[2) I have noticed that dbforums and other sites running this hack have the section of the vbulletin home page layout differently to other sections - ie. no moderators and differnt styles. How do you do this. Please could you just point me in the right direction!

Great hack - you should have charged

Kim
          Yes great hack indeed. Does anyone have a template to share? I love the way it's laid out but need help in this area.

Comment

• UP

Comment

• fastforward could you please help me with my problem above??
              Windows: ctrl+alt+del

Comment

• Originally posted by YourHostSucks
                Ok it sems to not feel like working...

I get this

Any Ideas?
                ?

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowbreed
                  fastforward could you please help me with my problem above??
                  If you mean the empty posts, I don't see the error, so I can't really help. I've attached my newnews.pl. Compare it with yours and make sure it's the same. Pay particular attention to the post_outgoing_t, post_outgoing_p and post_outgoing functions.

Comment

• I'm having the problem that posts made from my board often have no text in the message when viewed on the newsgroup server - except the usenet signature and the tagline from the software.

However, if you type in quite a bit of data (say, 400 or more characters), it will post the message - in my tests, at least.

I'm running a pretty basic setup with the only mods to newnews.pl being the database server information setup.
                    http://racing.kos.net
                    http://www.rumour.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaman
                      I'm having the problem that posts made from my board often have no text in the message when viewed on the newsgroup server - except the usenet signature and the tagline from the software.

However, if you type in quite a bit of data (say, 400 or more characters), it will post the message - in my tests, at least.

I'm running a pretty basic setup with the only mods to newnews.pl being the database server information setup.
                      Shaman, can you check your newnews.pl against mine in the post above.

With so many people reporting the error; there obviously seems to be a problem, but I haven't identified where or why.

Comment

• Ok it sems to not feel like working...

I get this

quote:
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting to news.*****.***... Connected

Pulling alt.php... No new messages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Ideas

Comment

• *bump* Thanks....

Comment

• Originally posted by YourHostSucks
                            *bump* Thanks....
                            go to www.dyne.com/forums and look for kilobits. He helped me set it up and is very helpful. *nix and Cisco Guru. Say Hacker recommended him!

Comment

• Code:
                              telamon# diff /opt/apache/bin/newnews.pl newnews.pl
                              1c1
                              < #!/usr/local/bin/perl
                              ---
                              > #!/usr/bin/perl
                              5c5
                              < # $Id: newnews.pl,v 20010820 2001-08-20 23:56:21-05 paul Exp $
                              ---
                              > # $Id: newnews.pl,v 20010815 2001-08-15 19:15:23-05 paul Exp $
                              26,29c26,29
                              < my $db="netforum";                  # mysql database name
                              < my $db_host="xxx";               # mysql host
                              < my $db_username="xxx";                # mysql username
                              < my $db_password="xxx";                    # mysql password
                              ---
                              > my $db="database_name";                 # mysql database name
                              > my $db_host="localhost";               # mysql host
                              > my $db_username="username";                # mysql username
                              > my $db_password="pasword";                    # mysql password
                              95c95
                              < # loop through newsgroup and do the business
                              ---
                              > # loop through newsgroups and do the business
                              160d159
                              < db_execute("TRUNCATE TABLE usenet_article_loader");
                              162a162
                              > db_execute("TRUNCATE TABLE usenet_article_loader");
                              168a169,171
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              1029c1032
                              <                push(@article,"  > $q\n\n");
                              ---
                              >                push(@article,"  > $q\n");
                              1033c1036
                              <       push(@article,"$fbody\n");
                              ---
                              >       push(@article,"\n$fbody\n");
                              1107c1110
                              <       my $threads = db_fetch("SELECT threadid FROM thread WHERE forumid=$forum
                              id AND dateline < $purge".(!$config{auto_purge_reg}?" AND regpost = 0":""));
                              ---
                              >       my $threads = db_fetch("SELECT threadid FROM thread WHERE forumid=$forum
                              id AND isusenetpost <> 0 AND dateline < $purge".(!$config{auto_purge_reg}?" AND
                              regpost = 0":""));
                              1114c1117
                              <             if($#post_batch > 500) {
                              ---
                              >             if($#post_batch > 1000) {
                              http://racing.kos.net
                              http://www.rumour.com/

Comment

• I just noticed I have a lot of orphan replies...how does a reply get "lost" and how can I prevent this from happening?
                                Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
                                Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

Comment