Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love a challenge, but..how..

Okay,

I want to grant some members acess to controling their user groups so they have access to only certain forums and not be able to post in the rest.

I know that Adminstrators have the acess to the control panel as a default, but ( just wondering if this is just a "no" question), how can (if possible) I designate certain people to have access to a "part" of the control panel (like only viewing member access masks to which forums and allowing or denying them access?) or is this something that is only dependent on the Administrators?

I know super moderators are the "highest" one can go before actually becoming an Admin, but I dont want them to have access to the "other" parts of the control panel - just only have access to :

forum /modify
    Users
    User groups to modify
    Pruning threads

This is probably a "no" question, but maybe something to consider for further versions? A super-super moderator of sorts that can have access to edit users and forums (or to create foums) in a "lite" version of the control panel.

If there is a way to do this, I haven't encountered it.

TIA
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

the mod control panel.

www.yourdomain.com/forumdirectory/mod/

it's built in, assuming you uploaded that directory.

Comment

Thanks, ^_^ . Now one more question, how does a "super moderator" access it (like will it show up on their profile page?) so they can "access" it by a link?
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

i dont' believe there is a link to it anywhere for super mods. they just have to use the url and login at the prompt.

Comment

Working...
        X