i have no text either...
    when i looked in the fader.js file
    i noticed

FDRgifSrc = "images/fade.gif";

i looked in my images dir and could'nt find fade.gif

i have vb 2.0.1

Comment

bug with 2.0.3?

i added some news in admincp and it works right, but if a new member registered, all my news are away!?!?!??!

Comment

it works on VBB 2.03 i think...
        but when i open index.php I see the newsfader, but it hangs at:

Welcome our newest member Admin

(Between «member» and «Admin», there are the pound-char and the degree-char)

then it stops
        it doesn't fade then anymore... how is this possible???
        :D:):p:rolleyes::cool:

Comment

works now
          my fault, i didn't gave up a end-time (you must, otherwise it sets it to 1969-12-31!)
          but still, how can I get rid of that «pound-char» and that «degree-char»?
          where is it saved? i searched through newsfade.php and fader.js, but couln't find it!

Comment

Originally posted by rickjansen105
            how can I get rid of that «pound-char» and that «degree-char»?
            where is it saved? i searched through newsfade.php and fader.js, but couln't find it!
            Yeah I got that too - does anyone know how to get that fixed?

Comment

It's in the code that you added to index.php .

Comment

I have this hack installed without a problem, except the appearance. First question -- how do I set the $newsfadebits to left align? It has quite a bit of blank space in front of the message and I can't figure out why. The actual announcements start exactly where they should.

Secondly, no matter what I set FDRboxWid at, it seems to wrap around at what appears about 300 or 400 pixels. Worse yet, when it wraps, the 2 lines overlap each other. I've set FDRboxHgt as high as 100, but it doesn't appear to change the height of the text box. I also took height=30 out of the forumhome template, hoping that it would automatically adjust as needed.

Thanks for a great hack and any insight into these minor problems that I'm running into! I have it installed at http://www.babyuniversity.com/forums/index.php

Comment

This hack worked fine but would crash the the browser on anything lower then IE 5.5, worked fine on Netscape though...just a warning!

Comment

IE5 closes when i enable the fader Could some one help me with this?

Comment

funny, coz i have IE 5, and it works normal...

Comment

In my Board -> www.kampfkunst-board.de.vu there is no newest user shown!?!?? Only the variable

Please help me there

Comment

Special Characters in index.php part

I applied this hack and all is working well, with the exception of the newest member line display. The special characters in the code line of index.php in the main VB folder:
                          Code:

$newsfadebits = "\"Welcome our new member£º$newusername\",\"\",\n";
                          My version of VB is having a real problem with the '£º' characters.

What are these ?
                          http://www.bitbenderforums.com/image.../bbf_topic.gif
                          IRC Chat bitbenderforums.com:6667

Comment

I assumed it was just extra "garbage". I took those characters out of the code and it worked fine.

Comment

Yes

I did too, and it worked well, I just wanted that "newest member $unewusername' display...
                              http://www.bitbenderforums.com/image.../bbf_topic.gif
                              IRC Chat bitbenderforums.com:6667

Comment

Mine did until I took it out of the script

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X