X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    tubedogg

• tubedogg
    replied
    The script we're discussing is the Ultimate Bulletin Board one - currently there is no UltraBoard import script available.

Leave a comment:

• garyb

• garyb
    replied
    UBB (DBM text files) to VB

I have UB2x, but it is the text file DBM version. UB went under before I could get the conversion script to SQL.

Can I still import everything to VB, or does UB have to be the sql version?

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg

• tubedogg
    replied
    Graphics should be uploaded and downloaded in Binary, everything else in ASCII (at least for the purposes of this discussion).

CHMODing should not be necessary as your folders and files should be able to be read by other files on the server by default. Unless you plan to run UBB once on the new server you don't need to mess with CHMODing for it, and no CHMODing is typically required for vBulletin.
    While transferring files you can leave certain ones off the new server. Basically what you do need are the variables files (the ones that come in the 'variables' folder of the UBB zip), any sub-folders (including the Members directory and its' subfolders) of the UBB CGI directory, any non-image files in your non-CGI UBB folder, and all of the subfolders in your non-CGI UBB folder.

Leave a comment:

• Infinite

• Infinite
    replied
    Another UBB thing

Ok, here's a question I have before going through with a UBB to VB transfer...

Firstly, I'm moving servers since the server I am on right now has an old version of mysql.

My question is...do you need to chmod all files and make sure permissions are all correct when going from UBB to vB? And I would assume graphics don't mattter, just as long as you have the data files in ASCII.

Richard

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg

• tubedogg
    replied
    Yep. Cool.

Leave a comment:

• CodeDreamer

• CodeDreamer
    replied
    ok

Sounds like a plan =) hey tubedogg your from Ohio ? me to (im from Brecksville)

Leave a comment:

• Infinite

• Infinite
    replied
    /me nods in agreement

Richard

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg

• tubedogg
    replied
    That's a very good suggestion. You could also make a backup right before you start the import and then just go ahead with it. that way if something does screw up, you're covered.

Leave a comment:

• Infinite

• Infinite
    replied
    Upgrade to the latest ver of UBB without any hacks. Then proceed to install vB. Should work fine.

Richard

Leave a comment:

• CodeDreamer

• CodeDreamer
    replied
    hmmmmmm

I used a few hacks that edited the template. this will probaly mess up when I convert. I NEED a way around it.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg

• tubedogg
    replied
    Styles are converted (I don't think there's any way around that) but you can set it so they are not used by any forums.

Leave a comment:

• CodeDreamer

• CodeDreamer
    replied
    ohhh

can i just conver members and post and not templates ?

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg

• tubedogg
    replied
    Just make sure you put all of your UBB data on the VO server. As klisis said, all the data (UBB and your new vB) has to be on the same server.

Leave a comment:

• CodeDreamer

• CodeDreamer
    replied
    ok

Becuase im moving to venturs online

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    i converted to vB from UBB back in the day. the conversion went flawlessly.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X