No announcement yet.

UBB to Vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics should be uploaded and downloaded in Binary, everything else in ASCII (at least for the purposes of this discussion).

CHMODing should not be necessary as your folders and files should be able to be read by other files on the server by default. Unless you plan to run UBB once on the new server you don't need to mess with CHMODing for it, and no CHMODing is typically required for vBulletin.
    While transferring files you can leave certain ones off the new server. Basically what you do need are the variables files (the ones that come in the 'variables' folder of the UBB zip), any sub-folders (including the Members directory and its' subfolders) of the UBB CGI directory, any non-image files in your non-CGI UBB folder, and all of the subfolders in your non-CGI UBB folder.

Comment

UBB (DBM text files) to VB

I have UB2x, but it is the text file DBM version. UB went under before I could get the conversion script to SQL.

Can I still import everything to VB, or does UB have to be the sql version?

Comment

The script we're discussing is the Ultimate Bulletin Board one - currently there is no UltraBoard import script available.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X