UBB to Vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBB to Vbulletin

I currently have a UBB (eww lol) and want to switch to vbulletin. but can i convert post/forums and members to vbulletin? and do i have to have the ubb installed on the server to do so?

There is a convertor avaible in members area for UBB -> vB

Comment

Re: UBB to Vbulletin

Originally posted by CodeDreamer
      I currently have a UBB (eww lol) and want to switch to vbulletin. but can i convert post/forums and members to vbulletin? and do i have to have the ubb installed on the server to do so?
      you need to have the forum files on the same server. But Ubb does NOT have to be working as long as you have the ubb data.

Comment

i converted to vB from UBB back in the day. the conversion went flawlessly.

Comment

ok

Becuase im moving to venturs online

Comment

Just make sure you put all of your UBB data on the VO server. As klisis said, all the data (UBB and your new vB) has to be on the same server.

Comment

ohhh

can i just conver members and post and not templates ?

Comment

Styles are converted (I don't think there's any way around that) but you can set it so they are not used by any forums.

Comment

hmmmmmm

I used a few hacks that edited the template. this will probaly mess up when I convert. I NEED a way around it.

Comment

Upgrade to the latest ver of UBB without any hacks. Then proceed to install vB. Should work fine.

Richard

Comment

That's a very good suggestion. You could also make a backup right before you start the import and then just go ahead with it. that way if something does screw up, you're covered.

Comment

/me nods in agreement

Richard

Comment

ok

Sounds like a plan =) hey tubedogg your from Ohio ? me to (im from Brecksville)

Comment

Yep. Cool.

Comment

Another UBB thing

Ok, here's a question I have before going through with a UBB to VB transfer...

Firstly, I'm moving servers since the server I am on right now has an old version of mysql.

My question is...do you need to chmod all files and make sure permissions are all correct when going from UBB to vB? And I would assume graphics don't mattter, just as long as you have the data files in ASCII.

Richard

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X