Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Subject Heading of Sticky Thread

Hi,

I have Mod. rights on a v2.0.1 board and I am trying to edit the Subject heading of a Sticky thread, but having a problem doing this. When I first made my New Thread, I added the word "Sticky:" manually to the Subject heading. For example: Sticky:What's the 411? I also added a Poll with this thread. Then, I submitted my thread.

After submitting my thread, I realized that it wasn't really stuck because a user made a thread after me and it went above my attempted Sticky thread. After seeing this, I went to my Admin Options for my thread and made it Sticky by selecting "Stick." So now, when I review my thread, the Subject heading says:

Sticky:Poll:Sticky:What's the 411?

I have edited my thread twice now to change the Subject heading and removed the second "Sticky," but it's not actually being removed, although I get the message that it is when I do a "Save Changes." What do I need to do to take out that second Sticky, right before the Subject heading???

Thanks,

D2E

Re: Editing Subject Heading of Sticky Thread

Originally posted by Downn2Earthh
    Hi,

I have Mod. rights on a v2.0.1 board and I am trying to edit the Subject heading of a Sticky thread, but having a problem doing this. When I first made my New Thread, I added the word "Sticky:" manually to the Subject heading. For example: Sticky:What's the 411? I also added a Poll with this thread. Then, I submitted my thread.

After submitting my thread, I realized that it wasn't really stuck because a user made a thread after me and it went above my attempted Sticky thread. After seeing this, I went to my Admin Options for my thread and made it Sticky by selecting "Stick." So now, when I review my thread, the Subject heading says:

Sticky:Poll:Sticky:What's the 411?

I have edited my thread twice now to change the Subject heading and removed the second "Sticky," but it's not actually being removed, although I get the message that it is when I do a "Save Changes." What do I need to do to take out that second Sticky, right before the Subject heading???

Thanks,

D2E
    How did you edit the thread? By clicking on the edit button on the first post? If so edit it through the admin option "Edit Thread" and then you can change the thread title.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

It worked!

Hi wluke and thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I edited my thread initially by clicking on the EDIT button from the thread. However, I tried what you suggested, which was to edit the thread using the Admin Options, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Comment

Re: It worked!

Originally posted by Downn2Earthh
        Yes, I edited my thread initially by clicking on the EDIT button from the thread. However, I tried what you suggested, which was to edit the thread using the Admin Options, and it worked perfectly.
        Me too have to thank you for your reply,
        But there is a problem: how about normal member of the forum?
        They don't have access to the Admin Options. If they want to editthe heading, what can they do? Because it don't work by change the heading and EDIT from the thread.

This's the reason I found this excellent board, I hope the developer or moderator can help me with my question.

Thanks

~Mac

Comment

Re: Re: Editing Subject Heading of Sticky Thread

Originally posted by wluke
          edit it through the admin option "Edit Thread" and then you can change the thread title.
          Sorry to bother all of you again, but I couldn't find "Edit Thread" anywhere in admin option.

~Mac

Comment

A user can't edit the subject after the time limit you set has expired.

After that time limit has expired, only the admin can edit it by selecting "edit thread" from the drop down below all the posts on showthread (you'll only see if it you can use it).

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
              A user can't edit the subject after the time limit you set has expired.
              I see, so where in the control panel can I set the time limit?

And thanks, I've found the Edit Thread function

~Mac

Comment

In your options: "Time limit on editing of thread title"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X