Vbulletin Lite worked fine, I am now getting this error:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin Lite worked fine, I am now getting this error:

I installed vbulletin lite and it worked fine. I purchased Vbulletin and am having trouble installing 2.0.1

When it gets to step 3 I get this error:
    The script reported errors in the installation of the tables. Only continue if you are sure that they are not serious.

The errors were:

Error number: 2006

Error description: MySQL server has gone away
    The script reported errors in the installation of the tables. Only continue if you are sure that they are not serious.

In Step 4 I get this email:
    Database error in vBulletin Installer: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO bbcode VALUES (NULL,'b','<b>\\4</b>','Bold','The [b] tag allows you to write text bold',0)
    mysql error: Table 'mhforum.bbcode' doesn't exist
    mysql error number: 1146
    Date: Saturday 07th of July 2001 04:57:36 AM
    Script: /forums/admin/install.php?step=5
    Referer: http://www.clino.com/forums/admin/in...step=4&reset=1

Please Help!
    Thanks

I take it you're on Vservers?

Comment

Yes to Vservers.

Am I going to regret being on Vservers?

Comment

Perhaps -- they've done something to their MySQL that makes an annoying incompatibility....

In install.php, there's a $onvservers = 0; line -- you need to change that to $onvservers = 1; and try a reinstall.

We've been told that still doesn't work either, though....

Comment

That didn't work.

It's odd that the lite version worked fine, and the regular version doesn't. Is there any hope for me, or did I just throw away $160 hard earned bucks?

By the way, Ed, We're neighbors! I live only a few miles north of you!
          Last edited by Dr. Rick; Sat 7 Jul '01, 9:02am.

Comment

The Lite version doesn't have an ALTER table caommand in its install, but 2.0.x does because some MySQL versions don't like adding a unique index in a CREATE TABLE command.

Of course, we're always trying to get a workable fix. Although you could try what Chris Frolic suggested here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...777#post124777

Just noticed your edit -- where are you from?

Comment

Lehighton area

Thanks for the info, but now I'm in way over my head. Do you think I have to pay the extra $130 to have Vbulletin installed?

I'm not sure I can afford that for awhile. Damn.

Comment

Email me (with FTP login details) -- I'll see what I can do.

Comment

I got it to work!

I used a combination of the following:

I edited 'install.php' and replaced a part of the script with the script found here:
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...4777#post124777

then, I followed these directions from Joe Masters:
                  1) Go into admin/install.php, and comment out any SQL line with "ALTER" in it (there are two: $query[]= "ALTER
                  TABLE access... and $query[]="ALTER TABLE searchindex... ) by putting // in front of the line. and put a // in front
                  of the $explain[] line below both of those, too. (otherwise the script will be confused.

2) After step 4 completes (the long list of creating tables), *DON'T* go onto the next step until you log into mysql
                  (type mysql [dbname] at the shell) and run the two alter lines:

ALTER TABLE access ADD UNIQUE (userid,forumid);
                  ALTER TABLE searchindex ADD UNIQUE (wordid,postid);

Both commands will give you errors after you run them --Don't worry about this -- it's the reason why vbulletin
                  can't do it automatically. But it will actually work.

3) Now continue with the rest of the installation script.

Now it seems to be working!
                  Thanks again for your help. If anyone is having the same problems, please email me and I'll walk you through it. If I was able to figure it out, it can't be that difficult.

Thanks again, Ed!

Comment

Spoke too soon

have the /admin/index.php working, but can't log into the forum

I gat an error when I try to open the forum...document contains no data error

Comment

You can try this bug fix if you're having trouble getting into the CP: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=19533

As for the blank pages, after you get into the CP, head to the template section (and expand the default set) -- do you have all the templates?

Comment

Control Panel is fine

I have no problem getting into the control panel, and tweaking all of the settings. The ...forums/admin/index.php program works fine. It will allow me to change all of the settings.
                        However,
                        When I try to open the database, ....forums/index.php
                        that's when I get the "document contains no data error"
                        Last edited by Dr. Rick; Sun 8 Jul '01, 7:11am.

Comment

As for the blank pages, after you get into the CP, head to the template section (and expand the default set) -- do you have all the templates?
                          I need to know that

Comment

Blank Pages? Templates?

I have no blank pages in my control panel. When I look at the templates, there are many of them...scrolling off the bottom of my page. How do I know what templates I am missing, or which ones I should have?

As I said, the control panel works fine...no errors on any changes I make to any of the options.

It is only when I try to log into the forum that I get the no data error.

Comment

Hi, I was a long suffering vservers install as well. but your current problem don't sound like it has anything to do with those alter problems.

Did you try re-uploading your index.php and other files?

I did have one small problem after my install (well, I was an upgrade actually) in that my control panel index.php wasn't working properly, but I re-uploaded the suspect files and then everything was ok. With your database safely created you don't have to worry about destroying anything unless you run those install scripts again.

good luck. I'm sure you'll get it sorted. Besides those alter issues, Vservers is fine at hosting Vbulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X