How do i restore a backup..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i restore a backup..

I'm using a backup inside control panel to backup my board. When I use a phpAdmin to execute sql from backup file i got error. Why sql generated by backup in control panel got error?? how do I use sql file generated by control panel to restore information to the database??

you can't restore a database with phpmyadmin.
    only way to restore the database is telnetting to the host and do
    mysql -uUSERNAME -p DATABASE_NAME < backup.sql

Comment

Technically you should be able to restore a database with phpMyAdmin. However due to bugs with it chances are you won't be able to.

In addition to this, doing a backup from the Admin CP is risky because it is subject to a PHP timeout meaning you might not get the whole backup. It sounds like this is what happened. I would try again using mysql via telnet. You can find information on doing that here in the first and fourth steps. (Ignore the rest.)

Comment

okay, i'm going through the same process atm. i have no idea how to use telnet and your step by step link doesn't work.

any help is appreciated

thnx

Originally posted by tubedogg
        Technically you should be able to restore a database with phpMyAdmin. However due to bugs with it chances are you won't be able to.

In addition to this, doing a backup from the Admin CP is risky because it is subject to a PHP timeout meaning you might not get the whole backup. It sounds like this is what happened. I would try again using mysql via telnet. You can find information on doing that here in the first and fourth steps. (Ignore the rest.)

Comment

Try this link: http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

Regarding using Telnet try this: http://oregonstate.edu/cws/tutorials/command-shell/

Comment

thnx

Comment

k. my host moved my sql info to another server and now i'm getting errors in my control panel "templates" section. i actually can't view/modify my templates.

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.7:
              Invalid SQL: SELECT t1.* FROM template AS t1 LEFT JOIN template AS t2 ON (t1.title=t2.title AND t2.templatesetid=-1) WHERE t1.templatesetid=5 AND t1.title<>'options' AND ISNULL(t2.templateid) ORDER BY t1.title
              mysql error: Got error 127 from table handler
              mysql error number: 1030
              Date: Friday 05th of September 2003 06:21:24 PM
              Script: http://mysite.com/fcf/fcf/admin/temp...fy&expandset=5
              Referer: http://www.mysite.com/fcf/admin/temp...action=modify&
              the sql seems to be looking for mysite.com/fcf/fcf/admin/template.php
              but i know that it's at mysite.com/fcf/admin/template.php

can any1 plz offer any help/suggestions?

see attachment.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Rav3n; Fri 5 Sep '03, 2:32am.

Comment

Error 127 means the record-file for that table has crashed. Find repair.php in your vB zip file and upload it to your server in the main directory then run it like this:

mysite.com/fcf/repair.php

and follow the on-screen instructions.

Comment

okay. i'll give that a try. thnx for that, tdogg

Comment

yay! great stuff guyz. thnx for that.
                    Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X