Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[RELEASE] PluhNews 1.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Kayn >>> Did you implement the time fix I sent you? Let me know what else I can help with....keep up the great work!

    Comment


    • #32
      I wanted to let you all know that I'm going to try and have line breaks and VBcode working on Sunday, but that depends on how things go this weekend for me (I have a show on Saturday, and those are exhausting for me).

      Dark Wizard added some stuff and sent it over to me (which is really handy), so I'll be implemeting those additions as well. I'll keep you updated.
      Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Kayn
        I wanted to let you all know that I'm going to try and have line breaks and VBcode working on Sunday, but that depends on how things go this weekend for me (I have a show on Saturday, and those are exhausting for me).

        Dark Wizard added some stuff and sent it over to me (which is really handy), so I'll be implemeting those additions as well. I'll keep you updated.

        good line breaks

        im getting tired of <br>'s

        Comment


        • #34
          Not to stray off-topic here, but...

          RobAC,

          That home page for you is HTML?!? It looks like a php portal of sorts.

          Comment


          • #35
            Just some help from me if you want to do the ssi command. This is what I have on my website www.sportbikes.net

            <!--#include file="forums/news.php"-->
            parses in nicely

            Comment


            • #36
              Great hack, exactly what I was after, and now I even have it working!

              http://www.metaltours.com/

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by jarvis
                Not to stray off-topic here, but...

                RobAC,

                That home page for you is HTML?!? It looks like a php portal of sorts.
                It's pure html. I shaped it to look like php portal in appearance, but everything that's running on it that's forum related is through individual hacks.
                Rob

                Comment


                • #38
                  It's pure html
                  Thanks for the reply, Rob.

                  I'm trying to do something similar as the:

                  "0 Comment(s) Last comment was by Fred"

                  on my page, but I really do not want to implement all of the features of PluhNews. I manually type in the articles and links and photos, but I would love to replace my "Discuss this post" with the above real-time counter.

                  The only way I see I'd be able to do it with PluhNews is to call an unique file for each article and manually specify the threadid's in each file, i.e. news1.php, news2.php, etc.

                  Any ideas, or would I have to go all or none in order to do this. My site is www.mhogaming.com so that you may see exactly what I am talking about.

                  Thanks!!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I installed this yesterday without any troubles and am ever so pleased with it.

                    Heck, even my boss is pleased with it!

                    Thank you!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      adding vbcode and layout

                      There's an easy way to have vbcode and linebreaks and stuff interpreted by vbulletin so it shows up on your main news page.

                      Make sure the following line is added to the news script

                      PHP Code:
                      require("./global.php"); 
                      To have the message parsed by vbulletin add the following:

                      PHP Code:
                        $bericht=bbcodeparse2($pagetext,"1","1","1","1"); 
                      $bericht is now the formatted message

                      The 1's stand for "dohtml,dobbimagecode,dosmilies,dobbcode"


                      Enjoy

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Surely it can't be that easy, can it?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Yes it's that easy.

                          You bought vbulletin , might as well use it

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Not to seem completely ignorant, but I am.. How would I use that with the file from this thread?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: adding vbcode and layout

                              Originally posted by Redmak
                              There's an easy way to have vbcode and linebreaks and stuff interpreted by vbulletin so it shows up on your main news page.

                              Make sure the following line is added to the news script

                              PHP Code:
                              require("./global.php"); 
                              To have the message parsed by vbulletin add the following:

                              PHP Code:
                                $bericht=bbcodeparse2($pagetext,"1","1","1","1"); 
                              $bericht is now the formatted message

                              The 1's stand for "dohtml,dobbimagecode,dosmilies,dobbcode"


                              Enjoy
                              I have tried your said.but no way.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Ok a little explanation.


                                In news.php (located in my vbulletin directory)

                                Line 5 add the require statement

                                Add the $bericht= line right before the part where the html is put in (echo ")

                                Use $bericht instead of $pagetext in your html part



                                here's the output on my server http://www.neowin.net/index1.php

                                If things still dont work I'll post the complete news.php
                                Last edited by Redmak; Sun 15th Jul '01, 11:52am.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X