[RELEASE] PluhNews 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry
    Anyone knows what to change, that not the complete Article, but after 100 or 200 letters it ends with a "...more..." linked to the complete article???
    vB's screwing up the code, so I'll attached the instructions as a .txt file...

Here's a working demo: http://www.coldplayonline.com/forums/Test_PluhNews.php
    Last edited by Craig Armstrong; Sat 29th Sep '01, 2:31am.

Comment

• Originally posted by usbnuts
      SirSteve,

I think you just have to change one line to grab any thread titles forum catergoies you want.

// create sql statement
      $sql = "SELECT threadid, title, forumid, replycount, postusername, postuserid, lastposter, dateline, iconid FROM thread WHERE forumid = "1" AND forumid = "2" AND forumid = "3" ORDER BY dateline DESC LIMIT $newsitems";
      I tried but it didn't work for me or I did something wrong...

Comment

• You could just install multipul PluhNews' on your server...

PluhConfig1.php
        PluhNews1.php
        PluhHeader1.txt
        PluhFooter1.txt

PluhConfig2.php
        PluhNews2.php
        PluhHeader2.txt
        PluhFooter2.txt

et cetera...

Just set up each one to pull the news from different forums, then include them wherever you want on any page.

Comment

• Thanks Craig, the ...more... thing works perfect, with the multiple Newsfiles I had the same idea also works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig Armstrong
            You could just install multipul PluhNews' on your server...

PluhConfig1.php
            PluhNews1.php
            PluhHeader1.txt
            PluhFooter1.txt

PluhConfig2.php
            PluhNews2.php
            PluhHeader2.txt
            PluhFooter2.txt

et cetera...

Just set up each one to pull the news from different forums, then include them wherever you want on any page.
            Seems like a lot of work. A more featured version of Pluh News would be better.

Comment

• here is a MINI im talkin lil modification i did to the headlines.php to make it display a selected number of headlines instead of showing the same amout as the news.

in pluhheadlines.php find:

PHP Code:
               // create sql statement
              $sql "SELECT threadid, title, forumid, replycount, postusername, postuserid, lastposter, dateline, iconid FROM thread WHERE forumid = \"$newsforums\" ORDER BY threadid DESC LIMIT $newsitems"
              replace that with

PHP Code:
              //headline count
              $headlines "5";

// create sql statement
              $sql "SELECT threadid, title, forumid, replycount, postusername, postuserid, lastposter, dateline, iconid FROM thread WHERE forumid = \"$newsforums\" ORDER BY threadid DESC LIMIT $headlines"
              and just put how many headlines you want to display in the $headlines variable . Enjoy.

Comment

• Wow, look at all these posts.

Sorry I've been gone, but I'm glad there are people using my little hack.
                Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Kayn
                  Wow, look at all these posts.

Sorry I've been gone, but I'm glad there are people using my little hack.
                  Time for some updated features?

Comment

• I want to use this hack. However theres allota stuff to read here hehe, would it be ok to use the stuff from the first page or were there bugs fixed?

Comment

• Well, haven't messed with it in a while...

Post any suggestions that ya'll would think is necessary, or wanted, or whatever.
                      Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

Comment

• hmm, getting some odd errors:

Warning: Undefined variable: REQUEST_URI in
                        path\to\global.php on line 39

Warning: Undefined variable: QUERY_STRING in path\to\global.php on line 47

Warning: Undefined index: HTTP_POST_VARS in
                        path\to\global.php on line 64

Warning: Undefined index: action in
                        path\to\global.php on line 64

Warning: Undefined index: action in
                        path\to\global.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at path\to\global.php:39) in path\to\functions.php on line 1457
                        Today's News

However at the very bottom its posting my news.. is there somthin I missed? hehe
                        Last edited by Hamma; Wed 10th Oct '01, 2:57pm.

Comment

• if you go back a couple pages you'll find out how to fix your header problem a whole bunch of us had that same problem .

Comment

• Originally posted by Kayn
                            Well, haven't messed with it in a while...

Post any suggestions that ya'll would think is necessary, or wanted, or whatever.

you should add my code fix in the headlines . lol. its simple but yeah it is useful.

Comment

• I read it but have a short term memory Ill dig back a bit hehe

Comment

• Im getting that assortment of errors when I am logged in? I already have the cookie thing set. Also do I put those require commands on the index of the site itself where the news is included?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X