X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great! I bet you are happy
    Real Web Host

Comment

• i dunno.. i just required the global.php before my <html> tag and deleted the require global.php from PluhNews.php and did that domain cookie thing and it works .

Comment

• Yes i am very happy thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

• Yep, thats exactly what I did

Cookies are evil dammit ... but they make life much easier than typing the username/password each time you visit

Comment

• webhost, thanks for the cookie domain suggestion

Comment

• yes i think cookies were created by the devil. and are possesed.

Comment

• header problem

Do you what is causing the header problem?
                Last edited by usbnuts; Sun 16 Sep '01, 6:44pm.

Comment

• usbnuts

Go back and read the last 15 post's you will see how to fix the problem you are having.
                  Real Web Host

Comment

• How can you make it so it only shows the last 4 headlines and still shows the last 10 news items? Cause i dont want it to show ALL of the headlines.

Comment

• u have to define the two mySQL queries with different LIMIT value.

Comment

• I use the PluhNews on my homepage and I would like to "ameliorate" it. I would like to log on my homepage and see new or updated news (pluhnews) with the arrow of the board.

PHP Code:
                        require("./forum/global.php");

if ($bbuserinfo['userid']!=0) {
                        $username=$bbuserinfo['username'];

print("<p align='center'>Welcome back,<br /> <b>$username!</b></p>");
                        print("<p align='center'><b>[ <a href='forum/index.php'>Enter</a> ]</b></p>");

} else {

?>
                        <form action="http://www.site.com/forum/member.php" method="post" />
                        <input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
                        <input type="hidden" name="action" value="login" />
                        <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
                          <tr>
                            <td align="left"><font class="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1"><b>Username:</b></font></td>
                            <td align="left"><input type="text" name="username" size="7" /></td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="left"><font class="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1"><b>Password:</b></font></td>
                            <td align="left"><input type="password" name="password" size="7" /></td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                            <td align="center" colspan="2"><input type="submit" value="Login!" /></td>
                          </tr>
                        </table>
                        </form>
                        <?

}

?>
                        this small code (see hacks for version 2.x) allow to login on a non VB page. When you log, you go on the index of forum.
                        I would like to stay on the homepage and view the news for my session.
                        I hope you understand what I said
                        Thx in advance for help
                        Last edited by Bouddha; Tue 18 Sep '01, 1:00pm.

Comment

• Ok, 1 problem and one request

PROBLEM
                          The PluhHeadlines.php file seems to be constantly connected to my forums as seen here:

This is wierd, any ideas as to why this would be happening?

REQUEST
                          Ok, if I turn off my board, here is how a section of my front page looks:

It would be awesome if it would display a little message if the board was turned off instead of getting the templates and stuff in there too...any ideas or suggestions?

thnx,
                          ~Ian

Comment

• Categories!

Nice hack but I need categories! I want to be able to pull the latest news from all forum categories!

Example

Forum (NEWS)
                            -Category 1
                            -Category 2
                            -Category 3
                            etc

A few things like, "E-mail this to a friend" and "Print View" would be cool as well.

Comment

• SirSteve,

I think you just have to change one line to grab any thread titles forum catergoies you want.

// create sql statement
                              $sql = "SELECT threadid, title, forumid, replycount, postusername, postuserid, lastposter, dateline, iconid FROM thread WHERE forumid = "1" AND forumid = "2" AND forumid = "3" ORDER BY dateline DESC LIMIT $newsitems";

Comment

• Anyone knows what to change, that not the complete Article, but after 100 or 200 letters it ends with a "...more..." linked to the complete article???

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X