Editing Subject Of First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Subject Of First Post

A few of our members have stumbled upon a wierd quirk - if someone edits the subject of the first post in a thread, the subject of the thread itself doesn't chang.

I've tried reproducing it here, but it didn't occur. I tried reproducing it within a private area on my forums, and the problem occurred.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Running 2.0.1
    Last edited by DVD Plaza; Mon 2 Jul '01, 5:32am.

There's a setting that allows you to specify how many minutes the user has to change the subject name: "Time limit on editing of thread title"

Comment

Ah, no worries - not the effect I expected that option to have at all.

P.S. First time I hit reply on this post I got a message saying my account didn't have rights?

Comment

Nope, that's not it - I have it at the default of 0 (unlimited).

Comment

This is the one place where 0 does not mean unlimited - in this case 0 means 0.

Comment

Edit your editpost.php

Search:
            Code:
              if ($isfirst and $postinfo[title]=="" and $postinfo[dateline]+$editthreadtitlelimit*60>time()) {
            REPLACE it with:
            Code:
              if ($isfirst AND $postinfo[title]=="" AND ($editthreadtitlelimit=="-1" OR $postinfo[dateline]+$editthreadtitlelimit*60>time())) {
            Search:
            Code:
              if ($isfirst and $title!="" and $postinfo[dateline]+$editthreadtitlelimit*60>time()) {
            REPLACE it with:
            Code:
              if ($isfirst AND $title!="" AND ($editthreadtitlelimit=="-1" OR $postinfo[dateline]+$editthreadtitlelimit*60>time())) {
            Now if you set "Time limit on editing of thread title" in your options (the control panel) to -1 you won't be botherd by a timelimit.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X