newbie question: making a forum jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question: making a forum jump

I am new to php and vbulletin, and I would like to know how it's possible to enable the forum jump feature. Please be as specific as possible, since I am still new at this

If by 'forum jump' you mean the little box on the lower left-hand corner of this screen, then yes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes that is exactly what I was asking about. How can I enable this feature in the php?

Comment

In the code?

Add:

makeforumjump();

Before the page you want it on is outputted, and reference $forumjump in the template.

Comment

ok so if I add makeforumjump(); into global.php, then all forums will be able to use the jump? And in the control panel templates section, by adding a reference to a certain template, all I have to add is $forumjump (nothing else?)?

Very sorry for all these questions.. But like I said I am pretty new to all of this.. But I do really appreciate the help

Comment

Or you could just enable Forumjump in your Admin CP:

Admin CP -> Change Options -> Forum Display Options -> Use Forumjump -> 'Yes'

It's much simpler!
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

omg I cannot believe I missed that in the cp

very sorry to have wasted your time on this folks.... I did not even realize the cp option was there... Thank you so much for your time though

Comment

That will only add it to specific pages -- I was under the impression that debsync wanted it in additional pages.

So, if you want it on additional pages, you can use my code hacking directions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X