Problem when importing from UBB 6.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem when importing from UBB 6.04

Hi, i'm experiencing some problems when I'm importing from UBB 6.04 to vB 2.0.1

I recive no errors but:

* During the "Step 8: Import Threads & Posts" part of the script, I get this message at all of my UBB forums except one:
    Importing Threads & Posts ....

[fight club]
    Locating forum_2.threads file .... not found. No threads to import.
    It does find this "forum_x.threads" file to one of the forums and finds ONE post but that forum has far more than one post.

* After the import I as asumed get no post or threads in any forums except one post in one forum. Users which seem to have a problem like this seem to always get right numbers in the upper left, but not me:
    Total Threads: 1 | Total Posts: 1
    I have a slight idea why this accurs.
    This UBB file called forum_x.threads which isn't found doesn't exist in my UBB folders except in one place. Maybe it has to do with some UBB setting, perhaps cahing or search index..

I need help!!
    Please help me.

Visit one of your UBB forums that doesn't have the forum_X.threads file -- does that generate it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
      Visit one of your UBB forums that doesn't have the forum_X.threads file -- does that generate it?
      Or if it doesn't - try posting in the forums that don0t have that file. I'm pretty sure that should generate it.

Comment

I'll try..

I'll try that, get back to you if it doesn't work.
        Thanks for the help.

Comment

It worked!!

thanks so much it worked perfect!
          I however have no idea why those files disappered..

Comment

Re: It worked!!

Originally posted by syraman
            I however have no idea why those files disappered..
            That easy: Its UBB! No wonder you moved over to Vb!

Comment

So right!

<< Mod Edit -- We appreciate your enthusiasm but please keep the blatent bashing to a minimum Thanks >>

You're so right!

<< Mod Edit -- some text removed >>

just the thought of a *professional* textfile driven bulletin board makes me laugh!

vBulletin ROCKS!!
              Last edited by tubedogg; Sun 1 Jul '01, 10:57pm.

Comment

Sorry..

Sorry mate, you wont't see that again.. It was just my enthusiasm..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X