Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vbulletin.com missing content between <head></head> tags when refreshing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin.com missing content between <head></head> tags when refreshing?

This is a really strange and i believe it's a browser or maybe web cache problem which started today. I attach 2 screen caps of this one from my forum and one from vbulletin.com's forum.

When i refresh any vB page on both forums, the header content information and tags disappear and result in broken html code showing through the vB page i refreshed.

This is vBulletin.com's screen cap
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

this is my forum's screen cap when refreshed
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Using IE 5.50.4522.1800
      Windows 98SE at 800x600 @16bit high resolution

Comment

seems all vBs are showing the same problem when a page is refreshed

Comment

Stop dumping! J/K

Anyways, I am using IE 6 preview and haven't encountered this kind of problem on my forum and VB forum.

Comment

Originally posted by klisis
            Stop dumping! J/K

Anyways, I am using IE 6 preview and haven't encountered this kind of problem on my forum and VB forum.
            well it happens on your forums too

Comment

Are you sure your encoding is set to "Westen European"?

Comment

Originally posted by klisis
                Are you sure your encoding is set to "Westen European"?
                yup by default

Western Europearn (Windows) and tried Western Europearn (ISO) as well no go

only started to happen today and happens when i use browser back button too on vB pages

Comment

Try it on a forum w/o gzip.

From what I've heard before, it's a bug in IE's implementation of Gzip Try restarting. Then try upgrading your IE.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                    Try it on a forum w/o gzip.

From what I've heard before, it's a bug in IE's implementation of Gzip Try restarting. Then try upgrading your IE.
                    unfortunately it might not be a gzip problem since some of my sites on the same server have no problems

my BGC2040 site http://bubblegumcrisis2040.com is fine but my inFilmbox site http://infilmbox.com has the same problem as well

hmm i have mod_gzip installed and vB's gzip on as well

Comment

http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=20920

Comment

thanks bira.. i think it must be my ISP's transparent proxy

my members don't have any problems except me

Comment

*bump*

Did anyone ever figure out what causes this problem? I'm having it on my boards too, as are others.

Disabling compression fixes it, but enabling it starts it back up. The <b>exact</b> same problem eva2000 was having with those screenshots that were posted.

I've been doing some researching and yeah, I think IE is at fault with their gzip compatilibity, as Netscape 6 works perfectly fine on this same machine that gets errors with IE.

Can anyone shed some new light on this? Many thanks in advance.

Comment

I remember this problem on 98se... my solution: format, install Win2k.

Or better yet, Linux

No matter how many times I'd reinstall the OS and reupgrade the browser, it wouldn't stop those intermittent data losses where part of the header and some of the HTML near the top of the body would get cut off. I eventually got so pissed off at it, I caved and installed 2k like everyone was *****ing at me to do... it solved it

Comment

I think that was a coincidence for you. I have Win2k on my machine and it's giving me that problem.

Or..something's wrong with my PC, but I doubt it, it was just freshly installed a few months ago.

Comment