[RELEASE v2] Today's Events on Main Forum Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smachol
    Worked great! The only thing is that I tried to add $todaysevents to my forumhome_pmloggedin template but it doesn't show. The reason I did this is because I have the Private Messages box at the top of the forum page and would like to have Today's Events there as well. I don't really want the Currently Active Users at the top of the page though.

If you're still bored, could you tell me how to do this?

Oh and one other thing - I noticed that the event for today stopped displaying when the server's time went past midnite. It looks like this isn't tied into the users time like $birthdaybits is. (Today's birthday still displayed.)

Thanks again!

forumhome_pmloggedin is evaluated before the $todaysevents in the hack code is. that may have something to do with it.

if you want the $todaysevents to show up there, move the require('./todaysevents.php'); up before the pm stuff in index.php

and yes, i should fix the time problem. didn't even think about that. next version...
    Last edited by mister; Tue 26th Jun '01, 5:29am.
    What do you Listen-To? http://www.listen-to.com

i <3 vBulletin.

Comment

Great hack! Installed it right away...

Comment

Not content with perfection ...

I tried to move this display into the header template.

I've failed.

Here's what I did:

1. I moved the require statement in index.php up to the top, just under the:

require('./global.php');

2. I changed the $todaysevents in todaysevents.php to add some HTML for a boxed in announcement.

3. I added $todayseventsClose to todaysevents.php to close up said HTML, I added it right under the $todaysevents line

4. I modified the header template to add

$todaysevents
        $todayseventsClose

just after the last TD of the basic template.

What did I miss?

I get no errors. But I don't get an event either.

-deb

Comment

hmm.

theres an event scheduled for today, right?

i <3 vBulletin.

Comment

Yup, I put a test event in today. When I revert the files, it shows up fine.

I feel real dumb.

-deb

Comment

Originally posted by mister
              if you want the $todaysevents to show up there, move the require('./todaysevents.php'); up before the pm stuff in index.php
              This worked perfectly - thanks!

One other slight thing - how can I change the font color to match the standard text color rather than the calendar text?

On second thoguht - that's not a big deal. I'll just change the calendar colors.
              Last edited by Steve Machol; Fri 29th Jun '01, 3:19pm.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol

This worked perfectly - thanks!

One other slight thing - how can I change the font color to match the standard text color rather than the calendar text?

On second thoguht - that's not a big deal. I'll just change the calendar colors.
                you could make your own templates, instead of using the default calendar ones ... i just used those becuase they were there

i <3 vBulletin.

Comment

Yeah I just changed the calendar colors for all my style sets. It was something I needed to do anyway. The default Calendar colors weren't compatible with some of my styles.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

With the start of a new month, Today's Event suddenly stopped working. Nothing is showing up anymore even though there are two events on my Calendar. I haven't made any changes at all.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Would it be possible to show "This Week's Events" instead of "Today's Events"? Probably all in one group still (not by day) to save space.
                      Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

Ouch, my Today's events aren't working with the new month, either.

Comment

Originally posted by SysMom
                          Ouch, my Today's events aren't working with the new month, either.
                          That confirms it. If it's happening to both of us it must be a bug.

Can you take a look at this mister? Thanks!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

yea, ill take a look at it..

EDIT: works fine for me.. got a url i can look at?
                            Last edited by mister; Sun 1st Jul '01, 7:41pm.

i <3 vBulletin.

Comment

Mister:

I'm sorry, the board isn't available to the public. Otherwise, I'd LOVE for you to look at the thing.

I'll go back and double check everything.

deb

Comment

Originally posted by mister
                                yea, ill take a look at it..

EDIT: works fine for me.. got a url i can look at?
                                My URL is in my sig. I entered another test event for today and it still doesn't show up. In my case, I moved the Today's Events to under the Private Messaging box. It worked fine until July 1st.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X