Couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions

I am currently in the middle of moving from UBB 6 to vbulletin 2.01, I have converted a handful of forums and set up a test board so I can have a play before it goes live. Only problem I am going to have with the conversion is both boards are different hosts, not a problem in itself just copy the ubb over, problem is its 13mb and I have a 56k modem

So I have been playing with it for a day and a few issues have popped up.

I host forums for guilds on Ultima Online, and we have a few private forums, when someone joins a guild the forum moderator who is always a member will tell them the password. Since this cant be done is it possible to allow moderators to give members permission to view forums? I know you can give them access to the control panel but does that allow them to fiddle with other things?

Email Notification, how do you turn that off by default, i know it can be done in the profile but I can see a lot of angry people moaning about recieving notification emails (only had 3 people on the test board and they all said it should be disabled)

Thats it for the moment, I am sure I will be back with some idiotic newbie questions later

1. Moderators can not assign permissions. This may be an option in the future. (BTW, I think there's a forum passwords hack)

2. In the registeradult template, look for the "emailnotification" <input> and change the "checked" value to the no option. Let me know if you need the specific code.

Comment

As for the problem of transferring your UBB files, are these both Unix hosts and do you have experience working from the shell command line? If so, you can tar and gzip the UBB files and use 'scp' (secure copy) to transfer the file directly to your new host. No need to upload or download anything!

Type 'man scp' for details. It's really easy to use. I do this every day to transfer copies of my forums and database to a backup account at another host.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X