Backup Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Problem

I downloaded a backup file of my database when I was upgrading. It was saved as a PHP file. Is this the right file type?

How can I add users from that database to my upgraded vb? I lost all my threads and users during the upgrade. I'm just hoping I can do something with the backup file.
    TJ Chapman

TJ's DJ's Record & CD Pool
    www.TJsDJs.com

The extension really doesn't matter -- I could save it as an .exe file, but open it in a text editor and it'd probably still be ok.

Extracting on specific data from a backup is a bit of a pain -- you'll need to find a section that has a lot of lines that begin with "INSERT INTO user" and delete everything **else**. You can then import the users only (via telnet preferably).

Comment

I looked at my data, it's ok. I just need some help reimporting this stuff back into my database.

Can I import the old database even though I have new data in my tables? How do I do this?

I'm not good with this kind of stuff. Is there someone that I can pay to do this for me?
      TJ Chapman

TJ's DJ's Record & CD Pool
      www.TJsDJs.com

Comment

Email in sig -- let me know exactly what you want me to do and I'll get back to you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X