Bulk Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk Modification

I need to re-send the registration email for over 1500 users due to a misconfigured SMTP service.

Any ideas on how to do this? Can someone provide a script?

How do I simply delete all these users from the database?

You can email your users from the Admin CP. This option also allows you to include their usernames, passwords and email address in the message.

Admin CP -> User -> Email Users
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Uhhmm

One at a time?!!!

Comment

Re: Uhhmm

Originally posted by Vinnie
        One at a time?!!!
        No - not one at a time. This is a mass mailing. If you look at the options you'll see you can specify the usergroups to send the email to - including 'any' (i.e., everyone.)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Phew

Thank god!!!!

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Hey

Thanks but no thanks.

I don't see the option for sending the 'confirmation code' that shows their email is valid!!!

What do I do?!

Comment

Wondertwin powers

There is a button called "Email Activation Codes" at the bottom of the User->Edit page in the admin cp.

I want the equivalent of pressing this button for all users awaiting email confirmation...how do I do that? Does someone have a script? Am I missing the obvious?

I have 1667 users who didn't get an email for one reason or another (half the forum!!)

Comment

The 'email activation code' is only useful to the members in the 'Users awaiting email confirmation' group. Are you saying you have 1667 members in this group?

If the answer is yes, then I'm afriad you're out of luck. There is currently no way to mass email activation codes. If the answer is no, then email activation codes are a moot point. As I said, these codes are only applicable to the above group. (You can search for memebrs in that group to confirm how many you have.)

I thought you needed to send your users their usernames and passwords which is all my message said it would do. Sorry for the confusion.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes

Yes, they are in the waiting for email activation group.

But now there are 1746 of them!!!

I don't know any PHP and I don't have time to learn, every hour that passes brings another 100 registrations.

Isn't there a simple loop that can be adapted to pump out the emails?

Can I cannibalize the "send email" feature and substitute the email activation source code into a new php file and just run that file with a hard coded filter (i.e. users awaiting registration)??

Also, there seems to be no way to prune members that haven't logged in for awhile, especially for these waiting activation guys.

I would like to prune users that have not clicked their activation code within 5 days of when the email went out...

Comment

You must have a very popular board to be gaining that many unvalidated users who use free email addys that don't allow HTML!

Anyway those features don't exist in the standard vB. You might want to check the Hacking forum to see if anyone's done something like this.

Meanwhile I suggest you turn off registration until you get this sorted out. Good luck!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X