Hi my name is Dumb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi my name is Dumb.

I moved my vb site from one server (linux box) to a Win2k server. My buttons aren't working now. Well, they work, but they don't turn up the graphic.

If you mosey on over to http://ds.pwned.com and head to the public forum you'll see an example of the problem, the 'reverse sort order' button doesn't show up.

Looking at the properties of that button I can clearly see the problem. The button image is being pointed to the old server -- darkstorm.pwned.com/.../sortasc.gif-- instead of the new server, ds.pwned.com/..../sortasc.gif

I've searched through all the templates and all the php files, made sure the general options in the control panel all pointed to the right place ... yet I can't find how it's referencing darkstorm.pwned.com instead of ds.pwned.com. Any ideas on where else I should look to change that? ;( [keeping the buttons on darkstorm.pwned.com -- the old site we're trying to move off of -- isn't an option]

Broken img srcs. Get rid of those domain pointers in the src tags of the images. leave them as paths ( /forum/images/pic.gif ) so it will adapt to whatever domain / IP it is on. Try reverting the templates in question back to their defaults. Reverting will fix the src tags. Or you can go and manually edit the existing templates. It's up to you.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. My problem is I am seriously stupid about this stuff and I have no idea where to change these img srcs. If I knew where to go to edit them I am sure I could fix them =(

Edit: did a search on the templates from the control panel and it didn't return any results for the old (broken) img src.

Comment

Control Panel -> Templates -> Edit -> Default -> Expand List -> Forumjump

I'm assuming you have access to your online control panel for vbulletin. If so, follow the above path through your control panel. You will have the option to revert the forumjump template. This template is where that "Go" button src tag is kept. You can view the original template and compare it to what you have now to see what the differences are. The src tag for the "Go" button is towards the bottom of this template. It looks like this:

Code:
        <input type="image" src=" { imagesfolder } /go.gif" border="0" align="absbottom">
        Personally I don't like the "Go" buttons. I changed my forumjump to look like this:

Code:
        <input type="submit" value="Go">
        This will make it default to a standard browser submit button that says "Go". This doesn't use any images or anything.

Let me know if you need more clarification. I'll be up for another hour probably. Though, I really should get some sleep... nah!

Comment

and I think that last post image is under:

Control Panel -> Templates -> Edit -> Default -> Expand List -> Forum Display Templates -> Expand -> forumdisplay_sortarrow

Personally, I deleted all the contents of that template so that image wouldn't be used. But that's me. I like minimizing the number of images used to save load time.

Comment

This is what my forumjump template looks like (at least the line I think we are talking about)

Code:
            <input type="image" src="images/go.gif" border="0" align="absbottom">
            Where can I find the images value at? Maybe that's my problem?

Edit: this posted wrong, let me retry below: (I think vbulletin parsed some of the code)

Code:
            <input type="image" src="images/go.gif" border="0" align="absbottom">
            Where can I change the vaule of imagefolder?

Edit again:

Jeez it parsed the vb code in the /code area too, one more try hehe:

<input type="image" src="{ imagesfolder }/go.gif" border="0" align="absbottom">
            Last edited by splooge; Sun 17th Jun '01, 11:54pm.

Comment

i don't think that image folder variable is your problem. but FYI:

Control Panel -> Replacement variables -> Modify -> Default -> Expand List -> { imagesfolder }

unless you changed the name of your images directory, this should be set to images (the default).

Comment

yeah, vB parses that { imagesfolder } variable when you post it. I just put spaces between the brackets. I know what you meant.

Comment

Thank you so much. That actually was my problem. My { imagesfolder } was wrong, it pointed to the old site.

Thank you, you filled my quota of learning something new for today and it's only :53 minutes into the day! =)

Chris

Comment

you're welcome. I'm trying to get to 1000 posts anyways... this helped.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X