Two Problems With E-Mail Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Problems With E-Mail Notifications

Issue 1 - The name stamped onto them is %forumname% Mailer. This is not our standard naming convention for e-mail accounts, and also causes HTML formatting to appear - Discussion Caf & # 0 2 3 3 ; Mailer

Issue 2 - At least in the private message notification, I'm getting only the first letter of the name - ie "Dear D,"!!!

Thanks guys

(Inserted spaces so that HTML ASCII code shows up)
    Last edited by DVD Plaza; Sun 17th Jun '01, 3:38pm.

1. That is located in the code, unfortunately.

2. Strange. Haven't seen that one before...

Comment

Ooops, what didn't show up i my post is that the "e" comes out as a HTML ASCII reference.

Where can I override the mailer name in the code, it's in just one place I hope?

Comment

No, unforunately it's all over -- you're looking for lines similar to this though:

mail($touser[email],$emailsubject,$emailmsg,"From: \"$bbtitle Mailer\" <$webmasteremail>");

Namely the last argument to the function (From: ...)

Comment

Yikes!

Okay, what if I do a search and replace on the following:

Search For: $bbtitle Mailer
          Replace With: Standard Mailing Name

If I ran that on each file, is that going to mess anything else up?

Comment

Should work, but no guarantees!

Comment

Issue #1 - Fixed

Issue #2 - For some reason each of the e-mail templates uses a different variable name for destination user. I created one template and then used this to make all the rest of the messages, and whilst I substituted the variables each time on the private message notification I had accidentally used the username variable from another postuser instead of postuserinfo - anyways for some reason that resulted in the first letter of the username...wierd :\

Thanks

Comment