Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Install ok but forum not visible/running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install ok but forum not visible/running.

Install completed although there was a slight hiccup where I had to create the database using the liquidweb control panel because the vbulletin install routene was not able to create it. It was some sort of problem with permissions.

Used the reset database option during installation to regenerate the database and all went ok with a competed sucessfuly message. Got to the point where it askes me to follow the link to enter the vbulletin control panel. Nothing happens when I do apart from a new blank page loading in the browser.

Getting the same thing if I try and access my vbulletin index.php (not admin) by typing in the full path.

I have the forum installed in a subdirectory of my public directory. I think all is ok with php otherwise I dont think the installation would have worked.
    The database exists because I can view the tables using the liquidweb control panel. Maybe mysql is the problem, I dont know.

Any ideas?

Thanks. CF

Did you delete install.php from the /admin directory?

Comment

Yes, deleted install.php before trying to access the control panel. sorry should have mentioned that in my post.

CF

Comment

Check your php.err file to see if there are any sort of parse errors. If you have error reporting completely turned off you will not see any output.

Check if you have any sort of PHP Cache software on your server. Reset the Cache.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Dont know how to check for errors yet.
          Deleted vbulletin and the database and tried again. same as before I had to create the database first before running the vbulletin installation.

Deleted the "config.php" file. Still get a blank page when running the 'admin/index.php'. Also tried to run the main forum 'index.php' with the same response.

Tried a few tests such as using "phpinfo();" within a html file but still get a blank page.

Reinstalled the 'config.php' file and got the "cant run vbulletin untill config.php file is deleted" response which indicates that php is operating ok. I am now totaly confused as to what is causing the problem. I have contacted Liquidweb for support.

Does anyone have a simple .php file that will create a html page which will return something from a newly installed vbulletin database? Something I could use that to further test my php and mysql setup.

Thanks. Gary

Comment

Can we have a URL?
            (Think I know the issue, but need a URL to see)
            Last edited by Mike Sullivan; Sun 17th Jun '01, 4:07pm.

Comment

http://dymani.com/forum/index.php

or

http://dymani.com/forum/admin/index.php

for the admin control panel.

if you run

http://dymani.com/forum/admin/install.php

you will see that php seems to be working ok and the file responds as it should with a "Cannot find config.php file" message.

Regards. Gary

Comment

Umm the config.php file is needed for normal operation... It is used in every single file that comprises the program.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Sorted I think. It seems I have been a very silly man. Yes, I deleted the 'config.php file instead of the 'install.php.

I think I somehow read it to be the config.php that needed deleting because it was the file that I had modified with my details and would therefore pose a security risk. A classic case of reading one thing while thinking another.

Thanks for the excellent response and sorry for me being stupid.

Right now time to contact liquidweb to declare my failings.

Just in case anyone is interested (although your probably not) dymani is actually two words 'dyma ni' which is welsh for 'here we are'. So maybe it is true that the welsh are stupid. well we're not really but I do admit that I was yesterday.

Thanks again. Gary.
                  Last edited by CyberFalcon; Mon 18th Jun '01, 1:37am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X