import backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import backup

hi, i got this backup file from my board. now i made a new board on another host, i want to import my backup.php file, but i cant find it in the cp. i see a import link, but i dont know how to import my backup. i'm using 2.0.0 gold. can anyone please help me?
    if i did things wrong than please tell me how i can copy all post, members, colors settings and all to another host.
    thanks in advance!

Hi m8

the best and easiest way I know is to use telnet or SSH.

Ill tell you how to do this , as I still dont know how to do it otherwise with like phpmyadmin:-

in telnet or SSH type :-

mysqldump -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD dbname < /location/of/your/dump.sql

make sure the arrow is < and not > otherwise it wont work. the > arrow is used when u want to make a backup of the database.

type it in EXACTLY as it is in blue. It should work fine.

Feel free to ask any more questions

bye

Comment

well guess i'm stupid i have no idea what you are talking about all i know is how to click through the controll pannel of vbb. and it says that making a backup.php file is the easiest way to transfer all info to a new host, but i can make the backup.php file, but than i dunno what to do with it. hope you can help me again

Comment

Np man, we all have to start at one point. I was not as knowledged enoug h as you one time

ok man, first thing is first.

Do you know what telnet is ? and if you do, have you got it enabled on your webspace ?

Comment

noop dunno what tellnet is. i only have mysql activated and thats all i know. maybe its activated automaticly but i didnt do it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X