weird ubb import error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird ubb import error

i get this error when i am trying to import my ubb, which is on a different webhost, to vb version 2.0.0

any ideas?

thanks in advance

*edit*
    i forgot to add this...there is actually the memberslist.cgi file in the members directory

You need to remove the extra slash '/' between public_html and cgi-bin.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

didn't work

i get the same error...

when i check the direct paths on my ubb board it says that there are two "/"'s also

i am thinking that i may have the relative path in wrong...i remember reading that if you are upgrading from a ubb that is on a different webhost then you just put in the url of the ubb folder, which i did.

Comment

Well I don't remember exactly, but you probably put a trailing slash in the import path. You need to leave that slash off.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

All of your files must be on the same host - you cannot use HTTP paths in the import utility. If they are on different hosts, there is no way that an absolute path is going to work.

Comment

bum

:-P feel kinda like a plum now ... ok, so i have to move all the files from where my ubb is...place them on the same server as the vbulletin...and then run the import script with absolute paths?

i am, for lack of a better word, a newbie

Comment

That is correct -- you can't read the .cgi files over the internet (usually just get a 500 ISE).

Comment

one last question

i take it when you are putting in the direct paths...they are the direct paths to the folders...not on the older server whjere you used to have ubb...but on the server where vbulletin is on..also being the one that you uploaded the ubb too...the one you are converting

Comment

ok!

ok...i got past the initial start of the import...i have found another barrier

when i get to step three and choose to import members i get this error:
                  ===============

Importing Members ....

Emptying existing user table ....

$DB_site->query("DELETE FROM user WHERE userid IN(0)");

$DB_site->query("DELETE FROM userfield WHERE userid IN(0)");

done!

Member 0 ....
                  Warning: file("/home/liquid/public_html/numbchung/ubb/cgi-bin/Members/0.cgi") - No such file or directory in /home/liquid/public_html/numbchung/php-forum/importers/bbimport_ubb6.php on line 287
                  file ok ....
                  Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /home/liquid/public_html/numbchung/php-forum/admin/bbimport.php on line 545

======================

should the 0.cgi not be 00000001.cgi ??

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X