Link to the New Post Page with a specified subject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to the New Post Page with a specified subject

If there a way to make a link to the post new topic page, in a specified forum, with the subject already set like you can with email link:

mailto:[email protected]?Subject=Subject

We want to have a link "Discuss in our Forums" next to each news post, which links to the Post New Thread page, with the subject the title of the news post.

I don't know if we can just link it, or if its a hack, if its a hack, lemme know and I will take it into the hacks forum.

Thanks,

Just make the link to
    yoursite.com/forums/newthread.php?forumid=xx&subject=My%20Subject%20Here
    Keep in mind, as you see I did, you will need to replace any spaces in the subject with %20 to keep them from being dropped off the URL.

Comment

Shimms

Thanks alot.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
        Just make the link to
        yoursite.com/forums/newthread.php?forumid=xx&subject=My%20Subject%20Here
        Keep in mind, as you see I did, you will need to replace any spaces in the subject with %20 to keep them from being dropped off the URL.
        Is it possible to do the same with vBulletin 3.01 ?

Thanks
        Renato

Comment

This thread is almost 3 years old. I suggest starting a new thread for your question.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment