Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I automatically sort users into user groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I automatically sort users into user groups?

I want the forum to automatically set a user's user group upon registration based on age. For example: I want a "youth" user group and an "adult" user group.

I need to know how to:
    [list=1][*]Require the users to enter a date of birth.[*]Give the user the option of whether or not to display his/her birthday on the calender.[*]Automatically set the user's user group depending on the date of birth entered.[*]Automatically change a user's user group when he/she reaches a certain age.[/list=1]

Is this possible to do? If so, just give me a brief idea of how to do it.

Thanks!!!

This is not possible in the default codebase. You would have to hack several files to do this.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      This is not possible in the default codebase. You would have to hack several files to do this.
      It's been 3.5 years. Is it possible now?

Comment

No one?

Comment

1. Yes

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options -> Require Birthday -> Yes

2. No
          3. No
          4. No
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X