vB license question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB license question

I'm traslating vB so I can use it on my Hebrew web site, but I also need to put the English version so that others can use the bbs.
    I understand that I can only run one instance of vB on one domain but I need the two versions to work together.. Is that okay? They will be running on the same server & domain.

You can do that with template sets.

Otherwise it's going to take a mammoth amount of hacking to get them to mostly work together.

Comment

Thanks Ed.. I didn't know I could use template sets to have vB in two different languages. I would still have figue some way to change the images as well.. Any ideas? Do you anyone else who's using vB in two languages?

Last Q: would using another vB for the other language violate the license terms?

Thanks

Comment

Just point the images at different directories ( { imagesfolder}).

You'll have to email James to get a definitive yes/no on that.

Comment

Thanks alot.. you've been very helpful.
          Can I make one category where English posts are used? I mean can I use a different template for one category alone?

Thanks

Comment

Yeah -- each forum has a style option that you can specify.

Comment

Now for the second (English) template set, should I simply upload the file vbulletin.style from the zip archive?

I also have another problem.. As Hebrew is a right-to-left language & I've set dir="rtl" in the global settings, is there a way to set the english category & forums (which will use a different set of templates) to left-to-right?

Thanks

Comment

Now for the second (English) template set, should I simply upload the file vbulletin.style from the zip archive?
                Create a new template set ("English"). Then create a new replacement set (also "English"). Then go to the styles section and add a style ("English" ) and point it at the English template and replacement sets.

Go into each forum's options you want to use the english set and change the style to English. I would recommend setting style override on for now.

If you go to the forum on your board, it should be similar to the forum here.

I also have another problem.. As Hebrew is a right-to-left language & I've set dir="rtl" in the global settings, is there a way to set the english category & forums (which will use a different set of templates) to left-to-right?
                Where did you specify this? Headinclude template?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                  Where did you specify this? Headinclude template?
                  I specified it in the Header section in the default style set.
                  Why?

Comment

It's in a template -- the English template set that we created won't have it. So there shouldn't be an issue.

(hmm.. think I should move this thread now? )

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X