Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading.. Will it overwite all templates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To point your 'Default' to a different style:

Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> Default -> Properties -> Then change the Replacement and Template sets to the desired style
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks again Steve..
      I did all that & now I have a new Hebrew style set as my default one.. Now will this ensure that I won't lose any of my custom templates next time I perform an upgrade?

Comment

If you make the same mistakes you made the first time, then I expect you'd get the same results. Not being facetious, but you should never have over-written them the first time. I still don't understand how that happened.

Whatever you do, download the style set you want to save to your home computer. (Styles -> Download -> etc.) That way you'll always have a backup if something goes wrong.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by mam14
          And Ed, could u please explain what u said, esp. the "moral" bit as I didn't understand a thing.. Please excuse me for being such a newbie because, essentially, I am a newbie! (despite the 70+ posts)
          Open up vbulletin.style. Find "!!!master!!!". Remove it. Proceed with editing.

If you don't do that, you will lose your template changes when you upgrade.

Comment

I did that, Ed.. Can I make changes now thru the cp?
            And I did Steve & the others told me. i.e. I made another copy of the styles file, renamed it, made it default.. and I'm making all changes to that.. Is this method compatible with what u just instructed me to do?

Comment

I'd always recommend using the official editing methods via the CP over editing any files directly.

I was just saying IF you're going to edit the file, you need to do that.

Comment

thanks..
                but since I'm not going to edit the file directly.. should I keep that !!!master!!! bit?

Comment

Yes -- vbulletin.style doesn't really do anything except when you're upgrading anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X