Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    It's going to be easiest on you to just place that link somewhere else, perhaps somewhere in the Active User's box.

Leave a comment:

• RobAC
    replied
    Freddie,

Is there a way I can try and code what I've done differently? Here's the problem: one of my members is a well known journalist and doesn't want everyone sending him PMs, since they know what he does.

I've gone ahead and run the query in the database as you suggested and edited the corresponding templates, but now he will also be receiving PMs.

The only alternative I know of right now is to change the settings in his profile and take the Control Panel link out of the PM box on the home page and place it back up in the header, but I don't really want to do that if I don't have to. Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• RobAC
    replied
    thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    UPDATE user SET receivepm = 1

Leave a comment:

• RobAC
    replied
    Freddie, I know how to run a query via phpMyAdmin, but not sure how the query statement should read. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• RobAC
    replied
    That's what I was thinking of doing Freddie. Thanks.

That was such a stupid oversight on my part....I can't believe I did that.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Just don't allow users to select to not receive PMs by removing the ability to disable them from the options page. Then run a query to set everyone to receive PMs.

Leave a comment:

• RobAC
    started a topic PM Section/MAC User Problem??

PM Section/MAC User Problem??

I have a member who uses a Macintosh computer and IE 5.5 He is currently logged into my forums but cannot see the Private Messaging section which I moved from the bottom of the Forums, to the top underneath Currently Active Users. Nobody else has reported a problem and I've tested everything in both IE 5.5, 6.0 and Netscape 4.7 and 6.0. Everything is as it should be when logged in.

He sent me a screen shot to prove it to me. The login boxes and welcome message are not there and it does say "Hello, username, Welcome back" So it does show him as being logged in there as well as current users, but the PM box does not render. He is able to post and respond to threads.

Has anyone else had this problem??? I don't have access to a Macintosh (assuming is a Mac OS problem) so I can't test it out for myself.

Update: Ugh, I've done a bad thing. I didn't realize that when a member chooses not to receive PM's, the Private Messaging box will not appear. I hacked the Private Messaging box to be a Personal Features section so that when a member logs in, they can access their control panel, PMs and buddy list from there. This means that any members who have PMs turned off cannot access their control panels since I moved the link to the inside of this box from the header. Anyone have any ideas/alternatives for this? Man....that was really stupid on my part....
    Last edited by RobAC; Thu 7 Jun '01, 6:31am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X