• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sent. thanks.

Comment

All done

Comment

I am having the same problem. I imported from UBB5, and the first time it did all forums except one. It didn't do it because the script found an OLD private directory that wasn't removed when the forum was made non-private a while back.

So I decided to do a clean install of vB, and try it again. This time, the import will only do a couple (and it seems like it does different ones each time) ... and I can't figure out what is wrong.

Kier, what exactly did you do to fix the other guy's problem? I can still turn on my UBB and it still works fine.

Running: vB 2.0.1
        http://www.volitionwatch.com/vwbb (not much to see tho)

Comment

Heh ... looks like I blew the whistle too soon on this one. I am not one to let PHP beat me ... so I dropped all the tables, did another fresh install of vB.

Then I imported one more time, double-checking everything was correct ... all went fine, as usual, up to the import threads part ... where the trouble usually began ... this time, everything was fine.

My advice to UBB5 Imports:
          1) Before you import, make sure that there aren't any private-****** directories in your ubb/Forum*/ directories. UNLESS that forum is PRIVATE. The script won't load your threads if that private directory is in there and that forum ISN'T private.
          2) Make sure all your paths are correct.
          3) While importing threads, STOP EACH ITERATION and make sure that every forum is being imported. If not, use the reset command (admin/bbimport.php?action=reset) to return your board back to original state. Then figure it out and try again.

Hope this helps.
          -Rem

Comment

For the love of god, can someone please add this to the info page on the importers? Though I'm not entirely certain this is the problem with my installation right now, I've got tons of forums that have gone from private to public or vice versa at one time or another - and during importing, I've been tearing my hair out looking for a reason why my import of the forums is failing.

Kevin
            Spark
            Kevin Jon Schlossberg
            [email protected]
            "Only Sharp Knives are Interesting"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X