Database errors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database errors...

For a few days, I've been receiving Database Error messages through my email. They contain no special error codes or messages, they're all similar to this one:

Database error in vBulletin: Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:
    mysql error number:
    Date: Tuesday 05th of June 2001 06:17:18 PM
    Script: /forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=189
    Referer: http://www.totallyre.com/forums/foru...p?s=&forumid=3

When I go to my forums, everything appears to be normal to me and I've never gotten an error myself, nor have I received complaints from users. I think I've been getting like 50 of these emails lately and they're slowly driving me crazy.

Here's some info you might need:

PHP version: 4.0.3pl1
    MySQL version: 3.23.32
    vBulletin version: 2.0.1

My forums: http://www.totallyre.com/forums/

I've got EXACTLY the same problem... any help out there? vBB Dev?
    Omero
    Info: Mad4Games Admin
    ° Welcome Home Netgamer °

Comment

It's not a vB problem, it's a server problem. It just means that connections couldn't be made to your database. You are probably on a shared server which has a limit to the number o mySQL connections. This limit affects everyone on that server - not just you.

If you continue having problems you should contact your hosting company. You might also improve things somewhat by mnodifying your config.php file to turn off 'persistent connections'.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's OUR server, and it's DEDICATED ^_^

I think something is wrong here.. can u please help us?

Read this post:Explanation post

Thanks in advance for thy help
        Omero
        Info: Mad4Games Admin
        ° Welcome Home Netgamer °

Comment

If it's dedicated then you need to up the maximum connections allowed my mySQL. Since I'm not a mySQL expert, you should really be looking in the mySQL forum for your answers. I've seen plenty of threads about this very problem. Have you tried searching?

Let me repeat - this is not a vB problem - it's a server problem. And since it's your dedicated server, you are the one responsible for making sure it's configured correctly.

Check the mySQL forum!
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hmm... I'll go ask my host about it then. I just received another 37 databse errors in my mailbox...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X