Clear All

• ACCCKKK - 104 emails from my VB!!!

Database error in vBulletin: Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:
    mysql error number:
    Date: Monday 04th of June 2001 04:34:19 PM
    Script: /forums/
    Referer:

I got this for about 30 minutes today. What's going on/wrong! ACCCCK!

This is caused when your forum can't connect to your mySQL database. It could be caused by many things - most of them related to your server. If they continue, you might want to contact your webhost and explain the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hehe, this happened to me as well. But I was unfortunate enough to receive 3,000+ e-mails!

Comment

me too

I've been getting the dreaded "link id == false" error here and there since I went from an early 2.0 beta to the gold - which makes me think that yes, my host does know how to administrate an SQL database server, but that something is up with the VB scripting.

Just now I had 98 of these emails, and again, I would think, oh that silly host of mine turned off the electricity for five minutes this afternoon (the time the emails spanned) except that my board is very very sparsely-trafficked and it seems unlikely to me that there was such a spike occurring at the precise time the SQL server was unavailable.

Clueless.
        J

KALLISTI - currently
        under extreme construction

www.kdpublish.com

Comment

Well, at least it is not vb-issue.

Comment

upon further reflection

i'm getting these messages only after going Gold because Gold is able to access the admin email even when the db is inaccessible, whereas earlier versions did not have this capability.

I guess maybe even a handful of people at one time on the board could generate that many error flags. Hm. Interesting.

Thanks for letting me think out "loud,"

J

KALLISTI - currently
            under extreme construction

www.kdpublish.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X