Store Attachments On The Webhost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store Attachments On The Webhost

On my board people need to attach larger files (2MB) but since the files are stored in the database I have not been able to do this. I would like to know how to save the files to the webhost so larger files can be attached, and not fill the database.
    Thanks,
    TooFastForYa

Still Looking For Help!
    Please Help!

Comment

You will have to modify the uploading functions in admin/functions.php and the downloading functions in attachment.php
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks For The Reply,
        But I really don't know what to do in those files...I have looked at the code, and I have no clue what to change...could you please guide me through it....I created a folder in root for the attachments to be stored with CHMOD 777.
        Thanks,
        TooFastForYa

Comment

You can post a request in the hacking forum. However others have requested this and none of the hackers have picked it up yet because storing files in the database is more secure.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks for you help wluke,
            Hope someone makes a hack.
            TooFastForYa

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X