No announcement yet.

why doesnt the search option find post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why doesnt the search option find post?

We just finised updating, everything seems to be ok but the search option. I'll put something in to search for that is posted on our site to see if it will find it and it wont. Seems the older version did a better job at seaching, any idea why? anything I need to do?

Thanks for any info!

Did you reindex the search?

Comment

opps no i didnt! I'm glad to hear that this may solve my problem! I was getting worried.

do I need to take the board offline to do that or does it matter?

Thanks very much!

Comment

You don't have to, but it is a pretty damn intensive process. You may want to.

Comment

Thanks Ed! I luv the new vbulletin! Everyone did a great job!!

Comment

I too love it. Cannot get over how it has everything I could possibly want. I dont own one yet, I just install them for my employer and am admin. But as soon as I get my own site, I will be purchasing my own license.

Comment

I am having this same issue. but i have a dumb question how do i go about reindexing the search?

any help will be great. thank you.

Comment

Admin CP -> Imports & Maintenance -> Update Counters - Rebuild Search Index
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks for the help steve

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X